Hot on the heels of our getting some inside info that the HTC Imagio (Whitestone) is still on track for an Oct. 6 release on Verizon, Big Red goes ahead and confirms it, officially announcing the phone this morning. Here are the dirty deets:
- Launches online Oct. 6 for $199.99 after two-year contract and $100 rebate.
- Available in stores on Oct. 20.
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
- World Phone: EV-DO Rev. A and 850/900/1800/1900/2100MHz GSM.
- WiFi b/g.
- 3.6-inch resistive touchscreen at 480x800 pixels.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
- 1,500mAh battery.
- 5MP camera.
There you have it, folks. The first U.S. carrier to launch the Whitestone (or call it a follow to the Touch Diamond, if you want, even if it's from a different fork in the tree.) But our question still stands: Is this your thing? Or are you holding out for the Omnia II?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.