Wasteland 3 gets new 'Save Scummers Delight' patch, reduces load times
Join the Wasteland faster than ever.
What you need to know
- Wasteland 3 is a classic-style RPG from inXile Entertainment, and has proven to be a fantastic game.
- The game is getting a new patch, 1.1.2, on PC and consoles that aims to resolve a lot of bugs.
- The patch also claims to have reduced load times by as much as 60% on PC and 25% on console, an incredible improvement.
- Patch 'Save Scummers Delight' is live now for Steam and GOG, with other platforms rolling out next week as the update is approved.
Wasteland 3 has proven itself to be a fantastic addition to the turn-based classic RPG genre, as our perfect 5/5 stars review can atest, but that doesn't mean the game is without bugs and issues. A new update is beginning to roll out from inXile Entertainment that aims to resolve so stability and performance issues in Wasteland 3, as well as reduce loading times by as much as 60%, which is an unbelievable improvement if true. Patch 1.1.2 'Save Scummers Delight' is rolling out to Steam and GOG right now, but the Microsoft Store, Xbox, and PS4 platforms will have to wait a little longer for the update to be certified.
Patch 1.1.2 "Save Scummers Delight" is now live on Steam and GOG! Xbox, PS4, and PC Game Pass hit early next week.
We shaved up to 60% off our load times, as well as fixes and improvements made across a range of issues. Full notes --> https://t.co/cgNssZVcl4 pic.twitter.com/OEGPwGf3quPatch 1.1.2 "Save Scummers Delight" is now live on Steam and GOG! Xbox, PS4, and PC Game Pass hit early next week.
We shaved up to 60% off our load times, as well as fixes and improvements made across a range of issues. Full notes --> https://t.co/cgNssZVcl4 pic.twitter.com/OEGPwGf3qu— Wasteland (@Wasteland) October 8, 2020October 8, 2020
The changelog for the patch includes:
- Do you hate long load times? We hate long load times. Our engineers changed how the game loads levels, reducing load times by up to 60% on PC and 25% on console
- As one example, on our PC test hardware a 38 second load time was reduced to 13 seconds
- Fixed an issue where combat could become unresponsive with use of the Chain Ambush Perk for sniper rifles
- Resolved several progression blocking issues in Yuma County Speedway
- Enemies are now much less invisible after use of Precision Strike
Performance & stability
- Significantly changed how levels load, resulting in up to 60% faster load speeds across the game on PC, and on average 25% faster for consoles
- Note: your hardware, save data, and which level you're loading into can all impact load times. Your mileage may of course vary
- As part of this change, auto-saves will no longer occur as a part of the level load, and instead happen concurrently. This can lead to situations where you've loaded into the next scene but an auto-save is still in-progress. Don't close the game while the Ranger star is spinning
- Major Prasad will no longer crash your game if you exit while she's still talking
- Additional stability and performance improvements for consoles that were too technical for the person writing these patch notes to understand and explain easily. It's good stuff though. All good stuff
- We'll be continuing to target and resolve specific stability issues as necessary
- Players can no longer attack companions that are in the process of being recruited by the other player, in case your partner likes to troll
- Fixed an issue where the Guest client could become unresponsive when talking with Hope Emerson and choosing to side with Del Hackett and her people
- Improved stability while in the Hire Companion screen
- Players can now use the keyboard in the lobby screen to choose game type, options, invite player, and ready up
- Enabled UI Narration in the Direct Connection interface and for multiplayer game messages sent through chat
- Fixed an issue with voice chat text-to-speech and speech-to-text
- Microsoft Store: Resolved an issue where guests couldn't rejoin a lobby they'd just left
Quests & gameplay
- Resolved an issue where quirks could become unselectable during character creation
- Fixed a potential blocker with Medical Marvel not allowing revival without use of a Nitro Spike
- Resolved a rare issue that would block you from speaking to a companion
- The door in Yuma County Speedway leading to Liberty is now unbreakable as intended
- Fixed minor graphical issue with the radio
- Some cinematic characters have been given microdermabrasion treatments and now have better looking skin
- Skill levels for recruitable characters now display properly in all cases
- Mission status should no longer display incorrectly after quest completion or updates
- Resolved issue where the spinning Ranger Star would permanently stay on screen after saving the game
An apocalyptic epic
Return to the apocalypse.
Wasteland 3 is the pinnacle of CRPG design and gameplay, and it's available on Xbox Game Pass for PC and Xbox One.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.