Everyone's favorite chat app, WhatsApp, has received what seems like its monthly update--gotta love their commitment. Version 1.6 just hit the Marketplace with a nice changelog of minor new features and a bunch of fixes that must have been introduced in v1.5 from December:
- Unread message count in chats pivot
- Improve behavior when receiving photos on EDGE networks
- Able to add unrecognized users to device contacts
- Able to forward messages
- Update status in UI when successfully setting your own status
- When creating a group, able to remove users from initial list of invitees
- Confirmation prompt when inviting a user to a group
- Fix sort order in group chat invite screen
- Workaround for "no text" problem caused by Advanced Configuration tool
- es-ES localization
Not bad but nothing too crazy either. But those minor additions go a long way for users who rely on this everyday, so its always good to see. You can pick up WhatsApp for free in the Marketplace here. Thanks, Israel I., for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.