It's been a while since the WhatsApp messaging app for Windows Phone has been updated with more than just bug fixes. Today, that changed as the latest update for the app has a number of additions and improvements.
Here's what's listed for version 188.8.131.52 of WhatsApp:
- Mark chats as unread or read
- Added several new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose different color
- You can select multiple messages in chat and forward or delete them
- When you receive a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they're on WhatsApp
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls
- You can now enable or disable sound and vibrate for in-app notifications
- Choose a ringtone for WhatsApp Calls
Thanks to Mohammad for the tip!
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Microsoft, it's time to speak up about Project xCloud on iOS
With Project xCloud iOS seemingly on hold due to Apple and its App Store restrictions, it’s time for Microsoft to finally speak out.
Review: Horizon Zero Dawn is on the PC now, and it's amazing
One of the greatest PlayStation games in recent memory has come to Steam, all ready to delight a whole new group of people.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.