What you need to know
- New Windows 10 19H2 builds are rolling out on the Slow ring.
- These builds are split like recent Slow ring releases, with one shipping with new features turned on by default and the other off by default.
- Slow ring Insiders can grab one of these updates now via Windows Update.
Microsoft shipped another set of Windows 10 19H2 preview builds out to Slow ring Insiders today. Like other recent releases on the Slow ring, this one is split between two builds. One ships with new features turned on by default, while the other ships with them off.
Regardless, if you're in the Slow ring, you'll be treated to either build 18362.10014 or 18362.10015. The former is the one with features off by default, while the latter is the opposite. Here's a look at what's new in these releases:
- We have enabled Windows Defender Credential Guard for ARM64 devices for additional protection against credential theft for enterprises deploying ARM64 devices in their organizations.
- We have enabled the ability for enterprises to supplement the Windows 10 in S Mode policy to allow traditional Win32 (desktop) apps from Microsoft Intune.
- We have updated search in File Explorer to show web-powered suggestions in addition to files locally indexed on the PC.
- We have added the ability for Narrator and other assistive technologies to read and learn where the FN key is located on keyboards and what state it is in (locked versus unlocked).
Windows 10 19H2 is the next major update for the OS, and it's expected to roll out to everyone later this fall. For more on today's releases, you can view the full releaes notes at the Windows blog. Otherwise, these builds are available now via Windows Update for Slow ring Insiders.