Microsoft is rolling out yet another Windows 10 build for Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings today, featuring more changes and improvements. Today's build is 17046, and is packing changes to the emoji-panel, Edge, the Windows Shell and more.
- Form Fill for Address fields: Microsoft Edge can now save and automatically fill your preferred information in addresses and related forms. When filling in fields on a form, such as an address or other contact information, Microsoft Edge will prompt to save your form information. In the future, you can simply select the preferred information from a drop-down menu to complete all the related fields.
- Text Spacing comes to Reading View: Much like when reading an EPUB book, you can now adjust the text spacing when you're in Reading View. To enter Reading View, open an article or blog post you're interested in, then tap the book icon next to the address bar. Adjusting the page to use wider spacing can improve reading fluency.
Windows Shell improvements
- Access advanced UWP app options right from Start: We've added a new quick way to get to advanced options! Rather than click through Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > (finding your app) > Advanced Options, if you right-click a UWP app or UWP app tile in Start with this build you'll find a new Settings option under More which will take you straight there, where you can repair, manage app add-ons, and see startup tasks (if available). We have a goal to make this page the one stop shop for all of the app-related settings you can find across Settings – the Startup tasks work was the first part, but there's more to come, stay tuned!
- Emoji data overhaul for the touch keyboard: We've taken a look at the emoji data across all of the languages we support and have updated it so that more of the emoji you love will appear as you're typing related words with the touch keyboard. We've also added support for a number of languages that didn't previously support emoji candidates. This flight includes new and updated emoji data for over 150 languages including: Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Danish (Denmark), German (Germany), Greek (Greece), English (Great Britain), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), Finnish (Finland), French (France), Hebrew (Israel), Hindi (India), Italian (Italy), Dutch (Netherlands), Norwegian (Norway), Polish (Poland), Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian (Russia), Swedish (Sweden), and Turkish (Turkey).
- Now you can use Emoji Panel to insert a bunch of emoji at once! Based on your feedback, we're adjusting the design of the Emoji Panel so that after opening up the panel by pressing hotkey Windows logo key + "." or ";", you could browse, search and then select more than one emoji. The panel won't go away until you click close button or press "Esc" key.
- Keyboard Improvements: We're introducing a new keyboard for Tamil language called Tamil 99, as well as updated Sinhala, Myanmar, and Amharic keyboards
General changes and improvements
- We've added settings that let you view and manage your activity history, which Cortana uses to let you pick up where you left off. Find these settings in Settings > Privacy > Activity history.
- We fixed an issue where the Properties dialog for This PC in File Explorer wasn't working in the last two builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Insiders with certain third party antiviruses and OneDrive Files on Demand enabled seeing an error in recent builds citing "OneDrive cannot connect to Windows".
- We fixed an issue that could result in delays during logoff and shutdown when a UWP app was open and in suspended state.
- We fixed a community reported issue where display colors became distorted after upgrading on some TV's and monitors that incorrectly advertised support for 10/12 bit wire formats.
- We fixed an issue from the previous flight that could cause heavily-threaded DirectX 12 apps to crash on launch after the first launch.
- We've adjusted the application of acrylic in the touch keyboard to better align with the fluent design standards.
- We fixed an issue where keys might remain highlighted when typing on the wide touch keyboard layout.
- We fixed an issue where keys might be dropped when typing with the Chinese (Simplified) touch keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where when writing a long sentence in the handwriting panel it might scroll while your pen was writing, resulting in an ink stroke across the panel.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the hardware keyboard text suggestions potentially not working until the touch keyboard had been launched once.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the mouse noticeably flickering between + and the mouse pointer icon when moving across cells in Excel 2016.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing their Start menu layout being reset after upgrading to the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in miniview windows (for example in Movies & TV or Skype) flying offscreen when attempting to be resized in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where clicking search results for settings in Settings in the last few flights would always take you to the top level category in the last few flights, rather than the actual category you searched for (for example, Display Settings instead of Storage Settings).
As always, you can check out the full changelog, including a list of known issues at the official Windows Blog!