What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19041.264 is now available on the Slow and Release Preview Insider rings.
- This update focuses on fixes and security improvements.
- Windows Insiders on the Slow and Release Preview rings can grab this build now via Windows Update.
Windows Insiders on the Slow and Release Preview rings have a new build to check out today. Microsoft shipped build 19041.264 to both rings, bringing fixes and security improvements. There are no new features available to test in this build.
Here's a look at what's included with build 19041.264:
- We have fixed a performance issue in Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) that prevents it from working correctly for many users.
- We fixed an issue that prevents cleaning tools, such as Disk Cleanup, from removing previously installed updates.
- We have updated the 2020 start date for daylight saving time (DST) in the Kingdom of Morocco. For more information, see KB4557900.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Edge, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Kernel, Windows Virtualization, Windows Update Stack, Windows Core Networking, Internet Information Services, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Active Directory, Windows Server, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
If you're already enrolled in the Slow or Release Preview rings, you can download this update now via Windows Update. For more on this release, you can also take a look at Microsoft's full release notes.