What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19042.630 is now available for Insiders.
- The build is rolling out for the Beta and Release Preview channels now.
- There are no new features, but this build brings security updates related to the monthly Patch Tuesday updates.
Microsoft is shipping a new Windows 10 build for Insiders on the Beta and Release Preview channels to check out today. Coming in at build number 19042.630, this build doesn't bring any new features. Instead, it's a cumulative update that brings security updates.
Here's a look at the rather short release notes:
- Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.
- Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.
This update aligns with the release of the rest of the Patch Tuesday updates available for the release versions of Windows 10. It also lines up with other recent updates for the Beta and Release Preview cahnnels, which have turned towards cumulative updates that add quality and security updates.
If you're already enrolled in the Release Preview or Beta Insider channels, then you can download this update now via Windows Update. For those enrolled in the Dev channel, it's likely we'll see Microsoft release another new build on November 11, keeping with the usual Wednesday weekly release cadence. It's possible a wrench could be thrown in the works and result in a delayed build, however.
For now, you can manually initiate the update by heading to the Windows Update section of your settings menu and pressingthe "Check for updates" button to get started.