Microsoft has released a preview version of Windows 10, with the build number 10536 to members of the Windows Insider Program who have signed up to get updates in the Fast ring. This is the first update from the previous build of 10512 from weeks ago and it has been a long time in the making.
From earlier news, we know that this build has one semi-major bug, which is that the Store may occasionally fail "under heavy memory load" for purchases and in-app purchases. The workaround is to either reboot the phone and try again or do the purchase through the web version of the Store.
Other fixes from the earlier 10512 build include:
- Insider Hub is now included again!
- Mobile hotspot functionality has been fixed.
- Voice input has been updated to add support for Japanese and English (India) speech recognition.
- Single hop updates are again available from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview for all devices.
- Two-factor authentication is fixed when setting up a device for both text and phone authentication.
- Start screen will successfully load instead of failing with "Loading …" displayed in a loop until device was rebooted. (We are still tracking down an issue were it may show "Loading …" for a few seconds.)
- Quite Hours\Do Not Disturb has been fixed.
- Delay in showing date and time on Lock screen has been improved.
- Pinch and zoom in Maps now works as expected.
The OS is supposed to have general performance improvements and decreased loading for apps and native behaviors.
For those who wish to skip this build, you are advised to launch the Windows Insider app on your phone and choose Slow Ring ASAP before the OS checks for an update. We'll have a hands-on video soon discussing what is new and improved, so stay tuned.
More info forthcoming
Far Cry 6 starring Giancarlo Esposito has leaked and its coming in 2021
A listing on the Hong Kong PlayStation Store has leaked the existence of Far Cry 6 starring Giancarlo Esposito. The game's release date is set for February 18, 2021 according to the listing.
RLCraft turns Minecraft into a brutal survival game — and I'm addicted
Minecraft's Java Edition is home to many amazing mods and modpacks. RLCraft, a modpack organized by YouTuber Shivaxi, completely overhauls vanilla Minecraft and turns it into a brutally difficult, yet incredibly deep and nuanced survival experience.
Here are some new games you might see at the July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase
Fans have all eyes on Microsoft and their upcoming July 23rd Xbox Games Showcase event. Here are some of the major reveals we're expecting to see at the event.
Best Xbox Game Pass games you haven't played yet
Have an Xbox Game Pass subscription on Xbox One or PC? These are the must-play games you might've missed so far.