After watching Fast ring Windows Insiders have most of the fun over the past month, those on the Slow ring are finally getting a new build to check out today. Microsoft has started rolling out Windows 10 build 17738 to Slow ring Insiders, bringing several improvements and bug fixes along for the ride.
Here's a recap of what was fixed and improved in build 17738:
- We fixed an issue where on Windows 10 in S Mode, launching Office in the Store might fail to launch with an error about a .dll not being designed to run on Windows.
- We fixed an issue where downloading a big file in Microsoft Edge would stop at the 4gb mark.
- We fixed an issue where clicking the "more" button in Microsoft Edge's inline definition pop up when reading in recent flights would open a blank pane.
- We fixed an issue where items in Microsoft Edge's Settings and More menu would become truncated when the option to increase text size was enabled in Settings.
- We fixed an issue where using Find on page in Microsoft Edge didn't highlight/select the current instance of the result.
- We fixed an issue where after resetting Microsoft Edge saved favorites would get stuck showing a star next to the favorite name rather than populating the website's favicon (if available).
- We fixed an issue where text copied from certain websites in Microsoft Edge couldn't be pasted into other UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue impacting Teams resulting all unsent typed text disappearing following the completion of an emoji composition (for example 🙂 being turned into a smiley).
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where hiberfil.sys would unexpectedly reappear after upgrading even if it had been disabled.
- We fixed an issue that was highly impacting Start performance and reliability in the last few flights.
- We've made some adjustments to improve the time it takes to render the Task Manager window on launch.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the left side of the Microsoft Store's My Library section becoming unexpectedly blurry until moused over.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in an increase in the amount of time taken to open large files in Notepad when word wrap was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where after setting a pin and removing it, the option to setup a pin from the lock screen could get stuck as the default login method, rather than the login screen remembering your preferred login method.
- We fixed an issue resulting in WSL's tar and curl commands not working on x86 devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in text prediction and shapewriting not working when typing in Russian using the touch keyboard.
If you're opted into the Slow ring, you can grab build 17738 now via Windows Update. According to Windows Insider chief Dona Sarkar, we can also expect fresh ISOs to land sometime next week as well.
Everything we know so far about Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and Xbox One
Cyberpunk 2077 is the next massive game expected to be released by CD Projekt RED, the studio behind The Witcher series. Here's all we know about it so far.
Are we one step closer to a Fallout: New Vegas sequel after ZeniMax deal?
With Microsoft's acquisition of both Bethesda and Obsidian Entertainment, it's now possible that we could see the developers of Fallout: New Vegas return to Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG franchise for round two. Here's why they should.
Review: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro is the PC RAM to buy
The Vengeance RGB Pro continues to be the obvious DRAM choice for system builders around the world, with Corsair offering stellar performance backed by multi-zone RGB lighting.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.