Although we’re expecting Microsoft to release the Windows Phone 8 SDK within the coming weeks, this morning the full SDK has managed to leak online via the site WPXAP.
The full SDK is available via two methods—the official Microsoft server with a password or a third party file site (which requires a 3rd party app to install first). We have downloaded the SDK and validated that it is indeed the full package.
Files include the SDK, which can only run on Windows 8 64-bit preview edition meaning many folks won’t be able to run this right now. In fact, we’ve heard that the official SDK will be a Windows 8-only release (both 32 and 64 bit).
The files included are
- Network Monitoring for Windows Phone Applications V1.pdf
- Optimizing Windows Phone Applications for Efficient Battery Consumption V1.pdf
- Simulation Dashboard for Windows Phone Applications V1.pdf
- Windows Phone 8 Developer Docs.chm
- Windows Phone Apollo Release Notes.htm
The Developer docs (CHM) containing all the documentation with the new dev options--screenshots are posted below. We’ll get more up as soon as we can go through the files.
Source: WPXAP; Thanks, talan1314, for the tip. More shots after the break...
Updated - Here are our follow up analyses
- Windows Phone 8 to feature developer access to Voice Command features
- Windows Phone 8 to feature expanded Bluetooth functionality, access to stack and transfer
- Windows Phone 8 SDK Preview: Application platform overview and Windows 8 APIs
- Windows Phone 8 - Photo Apps now able to auto upload in background
- Windows Phone 8 allows Lock-screen notifications and wallpaper for 3rd party apps
- Windows Phone 8 bringing Lenses feature to expand camera functionality
- Auto Launching Apps now possible using file associations for Windows Phone 8
- New Map Features in Windows Phone 8
- More Windows Phone 8 dev features revealed - background location, video codecs and more
Here's everything you need to know about Windows 10X
Microsoft is building a new version of Windows 10 called Windows 10X that will be launching on new foldable PCs starting at the end of this year. Here's everything we know about it.
Baldur's Gate III gameplay to be revealed on February 27
The world will get its first look at Baldur's Gate III gameplay on February 27 via a live stream from PAX East. Baldur's Gate III is being developed and published by Larian Studios.
Would you buy a smartphone with full Windows 10 on ARM?
Earlier today, a company called Emperion unveiled details about a smartphone its building that supposedly runs full Windows 10, on an overclocked Snapdragon 845 processor, that’s also able to run Android apps without emulation or dual-booting with Android. It sounds too good to be true, and it probably is, but let’s assume this is a product that can be executed on. Would you buy it?
Keep your Oculus Rift S controllers powered with these great batteries
The Oculus Rift S controllers don't come with a built-in rechargeable battery like a smartphone, so what are you supposed to use? We've got the definitive list of best batteries for your Oculus Rift S controller!