What you need to know
- Nearly five years after being acquired by Microsoft, Wunderlist shuts down this week.
- The app will officially sunset on May 6.
- Microsoft is directing Wunderlist users to switch to Microsoft To Do.
As of May 6, 2020, Wunderlist will be no more. Wunderlist announced the app's impending demise in December and stopped accepting new signups. The move comes nearly five years after Microsoft acquired Wunderlist developer 6Wunderkinder.
In Wunderlists' place, Microsoft and the Wunderlist team are directing users to switch to Microsoft To Do. The app has come a long way over the past couple of years, adding a ton of new features, such as smart lists, to its capabilities. Microsoft makes it relatively easy to make the switch and migrate your lists over as well.
Here's how to migrate from Wunderlist to Microsoft To Do.
- Download Microsoft To Do for Windows 10, Android, or iOS.
- Sign in with your existing Microsoft account or create one.
- Head to Settings and select the Import from Wunderlist option.
- Sign in to your Wunderlist account.
- Microsoft To Do will show you the number of tasks and lists that will be imported. Select the Import option to migrate them over.
Note that subtasks from Wunderlist will be imported to Microsoft To Do as steps and folders will be converted to list groups. Any comments on your tasks will be imported as notes.
Though Microsoft To Do is Microsoft's preference for Wunderlist users to choose when switching apps, there are a number of other to-do list apps that make it easy to switch over. Zenkit To Do is one that carries the same feel as Wunderlist and has an easy, one-click import option. Todoist is also a pretty powerful option that allows you to import your tasks from Wunderlist.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.