While this seems to be a relatively small update containing a few fixes, it shows that development is pacing nicely.
The first update of this Xbox preview wave will fix issues with dashboard navigation, Home screen crashing, "miscellaneous fixes," and more. Here's the changelog.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1706.170813-1700 Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/16 (1:00AM GMT 17/8)
Thank you Xbox Insiders for your feedback on our first 1710 preview update! We're listening. This second 1710 preview update has a set of key fixes for Home, Guide, party disconnects, offline pins, and more. We have more feature updates coming over the next few weeks, including many based on feedback from Xbox Insiders from the first 1710 preview update. Please keep the feedback coming!
A core focus of this preview update is speed. One performance improvement you'll notice is we've sped up the virtual keyboard. Please let us know what you think of the changes, and be sure to complete the Custom Home Page Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to give us feedback on the new dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which could cause unexpected navigation when using LT and RT on the dashboard.
- Home should no longer crash when attempting to edit, move, or delete content blocks.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements for Home.
Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue which caused errors when transferring games and apps between external hard drives.
- A new controller firmware update is available for Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth. You can manually download the update from Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories > Device info.
- Screen time limits for child accounts may not be enforced.
- Granting a child account permission to access a game or app may fail to launch the game or app.
- The Store (and other apps) may fail to update, although the apps still launch successfully.
- The delete (trash can) icon on Suggested Home content blocks does not function.
- When Netflix (and other games or apps with light backgrounds) is launched and displayed in the large tile on the Home screen, the white text underneath is obscured.
We'll loop back with more detail after the update goes live later this evening, if indeed there are bigger changes not listed here. Stay tuned!
Surface, Windows won't hit revenue guidance due to coronavirus
As the effects of the coronavirus are felt throughout the world, Microsoft warned today that it won't meet its expectations for its Surface and Windows revenues when it reports its next quarterly earnings.
Microsoft Edge's Surf game splashes into the Dev channel
Now you can get your Surf on in the Microsoft Edge Dev channel. The latest update brings the Easter egg to Dev channel testers, along with a tweak that lets you add the share button next to the address bar and more.
NBA 2K21: Everything you need to know
The NBA 2K series is a perennial favorite for good reason, and expected to elevate its game on next-gen consoles with NBA 2K21, we fill you in on everything you need to know.
Enhance your Xbox games with these compatible mice
With native Xbox One mouse and keyboard support, securing the right pointer could enhance your experience across a growing list of compatible titles.