While this seems to be a relatively small update containing a few fixes, it shows that development is pacing nicely.
The first update of this Xbox preview wave will fix issues with dashboard navigation, Home screen crashing, "miscellaneous fixes," and more. Here's the changelog.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1706.170813-1700 Available: 6:00PM PDT 8/16 (1:00AM GMT 17/8)
Thank you Xbox Insiders for your feedback on our first 1710 preview update! We're listening. This second 1710 preview update has a set of key fixes for Home, Guide, party disconnects, offline pins, and more. We have more feature updates coming over the next few weeks, including many based on feedback from Xbox Insiders from the first 1710 preview update. Please keep the feedback coming!
A core focus of this preview update is speed. One performance improvement you'll notice is we've sped up the virtual keyboard. Please let us know what you think of the changes, and be sure to complete the Custom Home Page Quest in the Xbox Insider Hub to give us feedback on the new dashboard.
- Resolved an issue which could cause unexpected navigation when using LT and RT on the dashboard.
- Home should no longer crash when attempting to edit, move, or delete content blocks.
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements for Home.
Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue which caused errors when transferring games and apps between external hard drives.
- A new controller firmware update is available for Xbox One controllers with Bluetooth. You can manually download the update from Settings > Kinect & devices > Devices & accessories > Device info.
- Screen time limits for child accounts may not be enforced.
- Granting a child account permission to access a game or app may fail to launch the game or app.
- The Store (and other apps) may fail to update, although the apps still launch successfully.
- The delete (trash can) icon on Suggested Home content blocks does not function.
- When Netflix (and other games or apps with light backgrounds) is launched and displayed in the large tile on the Home screen, the white text underneath is obscured.
We'll loop back with more detail after the update goes live later this evening, if indeed there are bigger changes not listed here. Stay tuned!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jez Corden a Managing Editor at Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!