The Xbox One X launches on November 7th, so it makes sense to start seeing a ramping up of PR around the release. One of our review units finally showed up yesterday, and while we can't show gameplay yet (see our Rise of the Tomb Raider comparison post though for that), we can do the retail unboxing bit.
Unboxings are always a bit anticlimactic, but they're still a fun especially for a gaming console. Oh, and before you ask, I had to shoot this video myself, so the quality is below our usual standards (our videographer Mark Guim was not available).
The One X is pretty basic for the retail kit, but Microsoft did a bang-up job for reviewers. Our reviewer box includes around 13 Microsoft Studio Games including Halo 3, ReCore, Gears of War 4, Minecraft and a few other titles as well. Also, each kit gets the new DVD Planet Earth II in 4K and HDR, along with Xbox Gold and more.
The good news for you folks is between our multiple kits we'll be giving away a lot of those games codes on our Mixer.com channel in the coming weeks, so go follow our channel to see when we broadcast.
Look for our full review of the Xbox One X before November 7th as well as our guides, deeper dives, comparisons and additional content. Now, let's get 4K gaming!
Xbox One X unboxing photos
For those who want more detail, here a slideshow gallery of the both the reviewer's kit and retail Xbox One X.
Xbox One X essential viewing
- Xbox One X full technical specs
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox One S: tech spec showdown
- 8 minutes of 4K Xbox One X gameplay (video)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider 4K comparison on Xbox One X
- 'Xbox One X Enhanced' games and what to expect: 4K, HDR, 60 FPS and more
- A complete list of 'Xbox One X Enhanced' games
- Xbox One X price, availability and preorder details
- Is the new Xbox One X really worth $500?