Yammer, the Facebook for enterprises, has announced that they're looking to launch an official app for Windows Phone 7. Built from the ground up, this soon-to-be freely available app will bring social interaction to the enterprise level for employees who use WP7. It is also stated that the app will be Mango compatible.
Some highlighted features:
- Threaded Conversations - Post, reply and like messages. Easily follow conversations with replies displayed underneath the original message.
- Multi-Feed Access - Quickly navigate between My Feed, Group Feeds and Company Feed to find relevant conversations.
- Multi-Network Access - Switch between various internal and external networks.
- Member Directory and Profiles - Find updates, links and files posted by a specific colleague in addition to contact information.
- Private Messages - Communicate privately with one or more colleagues.
- Live Tile Integration - Receive real-time notifications from Yammer about new conversations and messages on your Windows Phone Start screen, all without opening the application.
Paul Bryan, senior director of product management in Microsoft's Windows Phone Division, mentions Yammer as a cutting-edge business app:
David Sacks, founder and CEO, Yammer had this to say about WP7:
As well as the WP7 news, Yammer has also announced a new version of its integration with Microsoft SharePoint. Yammer SharePoint 3.0 Web Part provides a real-time social layer to the SharePoint platform, making it more social, mobile and engaging for enterprise employees.
Source: Marketwire, via: WPSauce
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
does anyone else feel that apps are finally reaching "windows phone" potential? My mango homescreen is absolutely gorgeous. With groupme, kik, implus, Facebook (notifications enabled), Netflix, bankofamerica, new note, foursquare, and beezz there... It has everything I want. The apps that have come out recently are gorgeous and the notifications work well. This yammer looks to continue that trend
I will feel this way when we will get most of those apps in Mango-updated versions.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.