Cleartrip has launched an update to its Windows Phone app that allows users in India the ability to book train tickets. The added functionality is on top of the flight and hotel booking services already being offered. Along with the ability to book train tickets, users can also view schedules for up to two weeks, as well as the running status of the train, all from within the app.
Cleartrip is the only online booking vendor authorised by IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) to sell train tickets via its app. Here's a list of all the features on offer with version 2015.130.1151.1006:
- All major trains: Book tickets aboard all major trains in India, including Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Jan Shatabdi, Garib Rath and Duronto Express.
- All classes: Search for seat availability across all classes, including Sleeper (SL), Third AC (3 AC), Second AC (2 AC), First AC (1 AC) and Chair Car (CC).
- No extra fee: Cleartrip's train fares are the same as those offered by IRCTC.
- All options: Search for all available trains between two stations as well as trains available from nearby stations.
- Train schedules: Get up-to-date train schedules from within the app.
- Trains Calendar: Our most popular Trains feature on the website makes its debut on Windows Phone. Check the availability of all trains between any two stations, for the next 2 weeks, right from the app.
- Live Train Status: Check the running status of any train, right from the Cleartrip app.
The app allows you to quickly check availability of trains between two stations, as well as the fare.
There's also the ability to check the status of the train, as well as ticket availability based on the class.
After rolling out a comprehensive update in December, it is great to see Cleartrip bringing even more features – which have traditioanlly been exclusive to its website – over to the Windows Phone app. Let us know what you think of the additions in the comments.