Microsoft has now released the full version of their SDK tools for the Microsoft Band, allowing Windows, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android app developers to start making full-featured third-party apps for the fitness wearable.
Microsoft released a preview of the SDK tools in February, but it only supported access to a limited number of the Microsoft Band's hardware and features, such as sensors, a way to make custom backgrounds and others. The full version adds these features.
- Build apps that support Windows.
- Create your own custom layouts for pages on third-party tiles using icons, text, buttons, and barcodes for payment options.
- Receive events and button-click callbacks from the Microsoft Band to your phone app. If you press a button on a page inside your tile, your app would know which button was pressed.
- Connect to the Band from background tasks.
- Tap into calorie subscription from the Microsoft Band.
The SDK also includes sample code so that developers have some working examples of how to make apps for the Microsoft Band.