Google has released an updated version of Google Maps, version 126.96.36.199, which focuses on issues surrounding the Google Latitude feature. For those unfamiliar with Latitude, it is a feature that lets you keep track of your location and shares it with a social network of friends/colleagues.
The fixes include:
- Background location updates: Problems associated with running Latitude in the background have been fixed to allow continuous updating of your location.
- Auto-restart location updates: If for some reason you turn off your phone (battery dies, you hit the power button) Latitude will now automatically restart location updates, when running in the background, whenever power is restored to the phone.
- Force location updates: Manually refreshing your Latitude friends list forces the update of your own location.
- Backlight timing: The backlight behavior now runs according to your system settings. Previously if Latitude was running in the background it had a tendency to keep your backlight on regardless of systems settings.
- Additionally, login errors and other internal errors that effected Latitudes performances were addressed by the update.
The updated version, 3.0.1, can be downloaded here.