Microsoft has had a version of its GroupMe group texting app for Windows Phone for years. Now the company has released an all new version of GroupMe specifically for Windows 10 Mobile smartphones.
In case you are unfamiliar with GroupMe, here are its main features:
- START CHATTING - Add anyone to a group via their phone number or email address. If they are new to GroupMe, they can start chatting over SMS immediately.
- INTEGRATED WITH WINDOWS - View your groups right in the People app, and you can reply to messages fast with interactive notifications. Share photos and links with your groups from other apps.
- CONTROL NOTIFICATIONS - You're in charge! Choose when and what type of notifications you receive. Mute specific chats, or the entire app – you can even leave or end group chats.
- SAY MORE THAN WORDS - Go ahead – fall in love with our exclusive emoji.
- LEAVE TEXTING BEHIND - With direct messages, you can use all the features you love for group chat, but one-on-one. It's like texting, but better.
- CHAT WHEREVER YOU ARE - Including from your computer at groupme.com
The app says that this version of GroupMe was built "from the ground up for Windows 10" and that the members of its development team "are working hard to add more features." Keep in mind that this version is separate from the previously launched GroupMe app for Windows Phone, and is also not yet available for Windows 10 PCs.