Today is Patch Tuesday and as such Microsoft is pushing out new cumulative updates for Windows 10 PC and Mobile.
Update: As of 1:30am ET we can confirm that Release Preview for Mobile is now getting the update too
Build 14393.321 is now live for those on Production (non-Insiders) and Release Preview (e.g. no Slow or Fast Rings) and with it comes new fixes and improvements.
The PC build is listed under KB3194798 during the Windows Update process.
Update: More about the KB updates:
- KB3192440 (for RTM)
- KB3192441 (for 1511)
- KB3194798 (for 1607)
There also seems to be some bifurcation with Release Preview on PC getting a cumulative update while Windows 10 Mobile does not.
Changelog for 14393.321
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Improved reliability of Bluetooth and storage file system.
- Addressed issue causing printer drivers to not install correctly after installing security update KB317005.
- Addressed issue causing sign-in errors if a password is entered incorrectly or a new password doesn't meet password complexity requirements after installing security update KB3167679.
- Addressed issue that required users to log out and log back in before using the application they installed using the Windows installer (MSI).
- Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue that was causing excessive battery drain on Windows 10 Mobile when connected to Wi-Fi.
- Addressed issue in which setting up both fingerprint and iris recognition sometimes causes the sign-in to fail on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed issue that was causing high CPU usage on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia playback, revised daylight saving time, authentication, Internet Explorer 11, and Windows Shell.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Windows registry, and diagnostics hub.
For more information about the complete list of affected files, see KB3194798.