As previously announced, Minecraft developer Mojang, now owned by Microsoft, have released only their second internally developed game, Scrolls, for Windows desktop users.
Scrolls is a fantasy-themed game that merges elements of card and board games, with players collecting scrolls to build a virtual army. Users can play what amounts to a demo version for free but they can upgrade to a full version for $4.99. Here's a quick list of its features:
- A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE: Building your army is only half the battle. Develop strategies and take control of the battlefield. The best bits of card and board games, combined.
- BUILD YOUR ARMY: We currently feature over 350 scrolls spread across 4 unique factions. You can mix and match them as you please.
- PLAY SOLO, OR WITH FRIENDS: Scrolls includes single player challenges along with online competitive and casual play.
- CHAT AND TRADE: Trade with other scrolldiers on the black market, or spend your hard-earned gold in our store. Chat with other players both in and out of battle. Please be nice.
- CROSS PLATFORM: Develop your skills and scrolls library by playing on Tablet, PC, or Mac. Battle with others, no matter which platform they're playing on.
- JUDGEMENT MODE: Build a unique deck in Judgement mode, then see how it fares against other's creations.