Account Tracker from Graham Haley and Response Ltd. is a personal finance app that has experienced a respectable amount of success over on the iPhone and iOS. Account Tracker was recently submitted for certification in the Windows Phone Store. The developers are hoping that Account Tracker will have similar success in the Windows Phone Store.
We were given a sneak peak at the app and based on our first impressions, we don't see why Account Tracker won't be a popular choice for tracking your personal finances from your Windows Phone.
Account Tracker is laid out nicely taking advantage of the panorama and tile design of the Modern UI. The main pages will show an account summary of all your financial accounts, a transaction entry screen with tiles to add spending, income, refund and transfer activities, a budgets page and pages that will chart cash flow and spending.
Key features of Account Tracker include:
- Group accounts into one or more account groups, for example to separate personal accounts from your business ones
- Set up alerts, if an account is likely to go overdrawn, or hit its overdraft limit
- Set up bill reminders for non-automatic transactions
- Add payee/payer details and categories to each transaction to track where you are spending your money and on what
- Split a transaction across multiple categories
- Reconcile your account data with your statements, either manually or automatically (based on transaction date)
- Set spending and income budgets to track your cash flow over time
- View detailed and powerful reports showing account balances, and cash flow, as well as a breakdown of spending, income and transfers by category
- Account data can be secured using a PIN code
Account Tracker will also allow for your data to be backed up on your Skydrive account and Live Tile support is available to make it easier to monitor individual accounts or add transactions. There is an online help section that will walk you through all aspects of Account Tracker including setting up accounts, transaction entry and tweaking the settings.
Account Tracker is a nicely laid out, feature rich financial app for your Windows Phone. There is a free trial version available that is limited to 25 transactions. Which is plenty to give you a feel for things. Just don't be surprised if after a few minutes you're buying the full version.
The full version of Account Tracker is slated to run $2.99 and it should be live in the Windows Phone Store shortly. We'll keep an eye on things and let you know when it goes live.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
Microsoft is reportedly considering buying the WB Games division
Microsoft is reportedly considering a bid on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Previously, Take-Two Interactive, Electronic Arts and Activision were all reportedly interested as well.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.