It's patch day for Age of Empires: Castle Siege, and it's a pretty hefty one at that. The 1.3 update doesn't bring anything in the way of new content or features, but it does bring a literal ton of stability and tuning tweaks.
According to the notes, servers will go down at 3 PM PST and are expected to come back up at 5 pm PST.
The long, long list of changes can be found below:
- Fixed an occasional crash loading into the tutorial battle.
- Fixed miscellaneous network errors.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes.
- Longbowmen have been stripped of their wall-busting ammunition and now must break down walls like everyone else—with hard work and siege engines.
- Adjustments to the Acre Campaign to bring its difficulty back in line with the rest of the campaigns.
- Army Camps under construction no longer display scaffolding when the castle is attacked.
- Scaffolding will now be visible where appropriate when visiting another player's castle.
- Resolved an issue where if storage structures finished upgrading while you were away in battle, the pre-battle value would be used to determine your storage cap, potentially resulting in lost resources.
- Fixed a bug where network disconnections while routing troops would result in the troops not acting for the remainder of the battle.
- Fixed a bug where cycling through many opponents during matchmaking would cause a network disconnection.
- Crossbow tower is now accurately listed as Short range.
- Joan of Arc's Convert ability now properly states that troops are converted for the duration of combat.
- Conrad the Elder's displayed stats now reflect Conrad himself and not his mighty siege tower.
- Pennant icon updated in locations where it represents a collection of multiple pennant types.
- Resolved miscellaneous issues with Hero icons highlighting improperly.
- Fixed a bug where routing large numbers of siege weapons could lead to a crash.
- Hero tutorial tips will no longer be shown for Campaign battles.
- Patrolling units no longer get stuck in the Keep when changing civilizations.
- Battle timer will now properly display the time remaining if the pre-battle countdown runs out before any troops are deployed.
- Added es-MX as a supported language and locale.
- Achievements earned on Windows 8 should now properly be awarded when logging in on a Windows Phone device.
- Unwatched replays are now marked as such.
- Player names (attacker and defender) are now displayed while watching a replay.
- After watching a replay from the battle log, you will be returned to the battle log screen.
- Fixed an error that could cause total percentage to be incorrect in replays.
- Gold collection from Keep now works like all other resource gathering.
- Fixes to Russian text improperly overlapping objects on certain screens.
- Tweaks to mouse wheel scroll behavior on the battle log.
- Fixed issues with costs displaying in the incorrect color after purchasing Gold.
- Fixed an occasional issue with structures hopping back and forth indecisively while moving them around.
- Fixed a bug where cancelling a troop build that gave you more resources than you could hold would lead to a crash.
- New icons for Gold offers in the Marketplace.
- Additional support for more international currency symbols.
- Fixes to certain currencies where the total amounts could get truncated.
- Added support for links in the News section.
- Miscellaneous loading screen adjustments.
Be sure to check for the update on all of your devices and let us know what you think in the comments. If you haven't given Age of Empires: Castle Siege a try yet, you can find download links for both Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 below:
- Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows Phone 8
- Download Age of Empires: Castle Siege for Windows
Source: Age of Empires Blog
Thanks to Nadeem for the tip!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.