According to a job listing, Amazon is looking to develop a Windows Phone app for their Amazon Cloud Player service, which enables customers to stream stored music to multiple devices, much like iTunes Match. Using the Amazon cloud storage solution Cloud Drive (amazon.com/clouddrive), the music service enables customers to upload and access their library.
The interesting part about the music streaming functionality is that unaltered Amazon MP3 purchases don't contribute to the free 5GB allowance (paid plans available should more space be required). Music can be streamed via Amazon Cloud Player on the web and on supported platforms.
What the successful applicant will be tasked with:-
Lead the development and launch of Cloud Player client software on Windows Phone.
- Manage and grow a team of developers with responsibilities across the software stack.
- Own the operational excellence of software used by millions of users.
- Collaborate with other development teams at A2Z . and affiliated companies.
- Adept at communicating with both technical and non-technical people, both local and remote.
- Passionate about creating great consumer applications.
- Help build the best digital music customer experience
If this sounds right up your street then be sure to head on over to the job posting for more information and to apply. It'll be great to see such a solution available in the Marketplace for those who enjoy using Amazon's MP3 Store. We'll be sure to update you with any information that comes to light. Developing. Literally.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.