App update roundup: Camera360, Tapatalk, Awesome Lock and more get updated
This month is proving to be quite the period for developers to release and publish new versions of apps to the Windows Phone Store. Today, we're looking at a bunch of updates that have been pushed through for consumers to enjoy new features and more. We've got the likes of Camera360, Tapatalk and Awesome Lock, so pass the break for the details and download links.
If you're into photography on your Windows Phone, you'll definitely want to check out Camera360. The app itself has a Compass Tool that makes it easy to switch camera scenes/modes on the go, which is pretty handy for those who quickly hop between shoots. Whether you're an amateur wanting to take a few snaps of friends or a budding enthusiast of nature, Camera 360 is well worth the download.
Here's what's new in version 188.8.131.52:
- Sharing to wechat moments and friends is available
- The shooting resolution is improved to 1936x2592 in some models
- Faster and more stable
You can grab Camera360 from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Are you a frequent user of community forums across the Internet? If so, Tapatalk is for you. The app enables you to connect to supporting bulletin board installations to receive a tailored experience. Our very own Windows Phone Community also supports Tapatalk, making it super easy to remain connected to members of that community. In this latest update, we've got the following:
- Changed pivot navigation to page2page
- Fixed translation issues
- Fixed some forums not logging in users correctly and images not showing
- Fixed crash on forums reported by users
- Rewritten post viewer, improving memory usage and eliminate "crash to desktop" issues
- Added Czech and Hebrew translations
- Added ability to upload images to Tapatalk image server as inline images for posts
- Added log in / sign up to Tapatalk account with Facebook
Download Tapatalk from the Windows Phone Store for free (Windows Phone 7 & 8).
Awesome Lock 184.108.40.206
The lockscreen is an important part of the Windows Phone experience. The screen enables you to glance at data produced from installed apps without unlocking the phone and wasting precious seconds opening and/or closing said software. Awesome Lock expands on the functionality of the lockscreen itself to provide more features. The app has been updated to version 220.127.116.11, which includes:
- Use Facebook pictures as background
- Multi-line sticky note
- Battery redesigned
- Improved Simplified Chinese
- Improved Hungarian
- Offline updating mode
- New application icon
- Other fixes and improvements
Be sure to download Awesome Lock from the store for $0.99 (free version available).
Car Dash 2.2
Not only are we celebrating the release of an update for Car Dash, but the developer has made discounted the Car Dash Pro in-app upgrade from $1.50 to just 99 cents! Not familiar with the name? It's essentially a dashboard app for Windows Phone 8 that places a decent amount of functionality at your fingertips while on the road.
Here's what's new in version 2.2:
- Add ability to select specific songs via voice commands or music selection UI (before the app was limited to choosing artists, albums, genres or playlists)
- New app shortcuts (BringCast, I'm Here)
- Play podcasts via voice commands with BringCast
- German Translations
- Bug Fixes
You can download Car Dash from the Windows Phone Store for free, and use the optional IAP to the Pro version for just 99 cents.
Odds and ends
As well as the superb collection of apps above, here are a few other noteworthy apps that also have updates, but no changelog listed. Let us know in comments if you notice anything and we'll add the changes to this very article.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
By Jez Corden
Love the whole design!!