The gloriously massive strategy game that is Ashes of the Singularity has received an update. Version 2.65 adds new scenario splash art, a benchmark screen, as well as some quality of life changes. As is the case with other games in the same genre, Stardock and Oxide Games continues to make balance alterations between units to ensure it's as much of a level playing field as possible, without breaking anything.
The full changelog can be found on the official forum, but the highlights include:
- Avatar and Sapper advanced defences now available in most missions
- Juggernauts and Nexus Health upgrade now available on King of the Hill scenario
- Fixed some inconsistent grammar between the audio and text in Deneb
- Medic is now available in Deneb
- Falcon is now available from the beginning of Calethaon
- Removed Dialog about Smarties in Calethaon as it felt abrupt and out of context. (Due to lacking another now obsolete line to preface it)
- Delayed the arrival of the Overmind on Artorius when playing on lower difficulties, to varying degrees
- Barrager is now available on Roceda & Silgul
- Increased starting Quanta on Decanus to compensate for increased cost of Incursion
The changes to Substrate air production in 2.6 created some issues in the Escalation campaign which we are now addressing. We are also removing some outdated dialog that now provides incorrect information.
- Aviary is now buildable in Betelgeuse and Rosette with Pan, Dominator and Punisher unlocked
- Removed obsolete dialog about Harvesters in Betelguese
- Removed obsolete dialog about Saboteur in Rosette
- Removed obsolete dialog from Lagoan revealing the Brute Mk2 and Hera
- Removed confusing and misleading mention of Harvesters from Leo
- We're fixing some map issues and changing a few maps that had too low a proportion of Radioactives, which limited strategic diversity.
- Adjusted Turinium requirements on several team game maps to reduce outliers that were set too high or too low
- And loads of bug fixes.
Be sure to check out the full list of changes for more details as there's a lot to take in. If you have yet to pick up and enjoy Ashes of the Singularity, the game can be purchased for $39.49.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Review: Razer's Hammerhead True Wireless Pro deliver THX and ANC for gamers
If you're looking for really good wireless earbuds and also happen to like mobile gaming, the new Razer Hammerhead True Wireless Pro is what you need. Featuring THX audio, ANC, low-latency streaming, and excellent comfort, there's a lot to like. Here's what we think of them after a week of using them with iOS and Android.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.