The gloriously massive strategy game that is Ashes of the Singularity has received an update. Version 2.65 adds new scenario splash art, a benchmark screen, as well as some quality of life changes. As is the case with other games in the same genre, Stardock and Oxide Games continues to make balance alterations between units to ensure it's as much of a level playing field as possible, without breaking anything.
The full changelog can be found on the official forum, but the highlights include:
- Avatar and Sapper advanced defences now available in most missions
- Juggernauts and Nexus Health upgrade now available on King of the Hill scenario
- Fixed some inconsistent grammar between the audio and text in Deneb
- Medic is now available in Deneb
- Falcon is now available from the beginning of Calethaon
- Removed Dialog about Smarties in Calethaon as it felt abrupt and out of context. (Due to lacking another now obsolete line to preface it)
- Delayed the arrival of the Overmind on Artorius when playing on lower difficulties, to varying degrees
- Barrager is now available on Roceda & Silgul
- Increased starting Quanta on Decanus to compensate for increased cost of Incursion
The changes to Substrate air production in 2.6 created some issues in the Escalation campaign which we are now addressing. We are also removing some outdated dialog that now provides incorrect information.
- Aviary is now buildable in Betelgeuse and Rosette with Pan, Dominator and Punisher unlocked
- Removed obsolete dialog about Harvesters in Betelguese
- Removed obsolete dialog about Saboteur in Rosette
- Removed obsolete dialog from Lagoan revealing the Brute Mk2 and Hera
- Removed confusing and misleading mention of Harvesters from Leo
- We're fixing some map issues and changing a few maps that had too low a proportion of Radioactives, which limited strategic diversity.
- Adjusted Turinium requirements on several team game maps to reduce outliers that were set too high or too low
- And loads of bug fixes.
Be sure to check out the full list of changes for more details as there's a lot to take in. If you have yet to pick up and enjoy Ashes of the Singularity, the game can be purchased for $39.49.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Rainbow Six Siege Year 5: What to expect in 2020
As Rainbow Six Siege Year 5 approaches, we’ve wrapped up everything we know about its Operators, maps, and more so far.
Rainbow Six Siege coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
Ubisoft plans to bring Rainbow Six Siege to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X on launch day, while also hopeful of delivering cross-play and cross-platform progression soon.
Should you get an SSD or HDD when building your PC?
Building or upgrading a PC and don't know whether to go with SSD or HDD for your storage? Let's break it down.
Here are the best Windows Mixed Reality games you can play right now
To help you decide which Windows Mixed Reality games you should play first, we’ve rounded up the best on offer right now from the Microsoft Store and SteamVR.