The gloriously massive strategy game that is Ashes of the Singularity has received an update. Version 2.65 adds new scenario splash art, a benchmark screen, as well as some quality of life changes. As is the case with other games in the same genre, Stardock and Oxide Games continues to make balance alterations between units to ensure it's as much of a level playing field as possible, without breaking anything.
The full changelog can be found on the official forum, but the highlights include:
- Avatar and Sapper advanced defences now available in most missions
- Juggernauts and Nexus Health upgrade now available on King of the Hill scenario
- Fixed some inconsistent grammar between the audio and text in Deneb
- Medic is now available in Deneb
- Falcon is now available from the beginning of Calethaon
- Removed Dialog about Smarties in Calethaon as it felt abrupt and out of context. (Due to lacking another now obsolete line to preface it)
- Delayed the arrival of the Overmind on Artorius when playing on lower difficulties, to varying degrees
- Barrager is now available on Roceda & Silgul
- Increased starting Quanta on Decanus to compensate for increased cost of Incursion
The changes to Substrate air production in 2.6 created some issues in the Escalation campaign which we are now addressing. We are also removing some outdated dialog that now provides incorrect information.
- Aviary is now buildable in Betelgeuse and Rosette with Pan, Dominator and Punisher unlocked
- Removed obsolete dialog about Harvesters in Betelguese
- Removed obsolete dialog about Saboteur in Rosette
- Removed obsolete dialog from Lagoan revealing the Brute Mk2 and Hera
- Removed confusing and misleading mention of Harvesters from Leo
- We're fixing some map issues and changing a few maps that had too low a proportion of Radioactives, which limited strategic diversity.
- Adjusted Turinium requirements on several team game maps to reduce outliers that were set too high or too low
- And loads of bug fixes.
Be sure to check out the full list of changes for more details as there's a lot to take in. If you have yet to pick up and enjoy Ashes of the Singularity, the game can be purchased for $39.49.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
Up your Fortnite game with one of these great headsets
So you want to up your Fortnite game, do you? One of the easiest fixes is getting yourself a good headset. Whether you play on PC, console or mobile, there's something here for you.