Assassin's Creed Valhalla had the best launch of the franchise, propels Ubisoft Q3 earnings to record
Assassins plus Vikings equals records made.
What you need to know
- Ubisoft reported its Q3 financial results for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- The company saw record net bookings of over €1 billion, or $1.2 billion.
- This record was largely due to Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which saw the biggest launch of the entire franchise.
Ubisoft shared its Q3 financial results, ending December 31, 2020. The company saw record net bookings of over €1 billion, or $1.2 billion. This growth was largely due to Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which had the biggest launch of any Assassin's Creed game ever. The game also reported record revenue for the Assassin's Creed franchise as a whole.
Other highlights include Rainbow Six Siege, which has grown to over 70 million players, with a free upgrade released for the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PS5 players, enabling 120 FPS support. Looking ahead, Ubisoft has Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine on its slate, which are both currently scheduled to release at some point past April 2021. Skull and Bones is also in development, with no release date right now.
The company is also working with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on an open-world Star Wars title, which is being developed by Division developer Massive Entertainment and will run on its proprietary Snowdrop engine. This game does not have a release window and is likely years away from release.
For more on Ubisoft's recent financial reports, you can check the company's Q2 earnings.
Embrace your inner Viking
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the newest entry into the highly popular franchise led by Ubisoft Montreal. Embrace your inner Viking and take over England as the Raven Clan.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.