In a surprise announcement, Nokia and AT&T have pushed out the Lumia Black update and new OS patch (Windows Phone 8 Update 3) for the Lumia 1020. In addition, there is a new firmware release for the Lumia 1520.
The updates are now live and going out to both devices. Here are the changes:
Nokia Lumia 1020 Lumia Black (3051.40000.134x.00xx)
- Daily delighters: lock the screen rotation, close apps easily in the app switcher, use custom ringtones for messaging and mail, among other things
- Update to Nokia Camera that combines Nokia Smart Camera and Nokia Pro Camera. Available from the Store app.
- Get the latest version of Nokia Glance Screen – see quick status notifications, for example, about calendar and messaging events on the lock screen.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE – preserve energy while staying connected via Bluetooth
- Get enriched camera performance, enhanced battery monitoring, and other stability and usability improvements
- NEW: OS build 10517
Likewise, the Lumia 1520 also received a new firmware package today.
Nokia Lumia 1520 (1028.3534.1347.2001)
- General performance and usability improvements
To get the update, dive into Settings > Phone Update > Check for Updates. You will need to be on a Wi-Fi connection to download.
These updates are only for US AT&T devices. There is no indication that these updates are going global at the moment.
Update 4 PM ET: Read our follow up article detailing all the changes on the Lumia 1020!
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Buy one of these gaming PCs to play Microsoft Flight Simulator
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 is a demanding game and it needs quite the PC to run it comfortably. If you don't have a PC yet dedicated to gaming, you'll want to pick from one of these to really bring the cockpit to life.