Band Pro is a simple Windows Phone app for sending customized wallpapers to your Microsoft Band.
The app was updated recently to iron out a few bugs and deliver a few more features into the mix. For starters, the issues related to the HTC M8 One has been fixed and you now have the ability to search the cloud for background images.
The update takes Band Pro to version 1.2 and definitely has the Windows Phone Band app headed in the right direction.
Here the list of features that are included with the version 1.2 update for Band Pro.
- Zoom and Pan Feature: You can now crop the picture by zooming in/out and pan when zoomed into picture to select the desired area (for Background it is 310x102 and for Round Tile 98x98). When you are working on the background image and the selected picture/image size is 310x102, Zoom and Pan step is skipped and picture is loaded in to the background area.
- When you are working on the Round Tile and the selected picture/image size is 98x98, Zoom and Pan step is skipped and picture is loaded in to the respective Round Tile.
- Band Pro Social: This is essentially a collection of images stored in the cloud that is keyword searchable. The idea behind Band Pro Social is to minimize the app payload by hosting images in the Cloud instead of packaging them in to the app.
- Band Pro Social for Sports (Round Tiles): For Round Tiles, this feature can be launch via a "Cloud" icon. This icon will appear when a Round Tile is selected. When launched from "Cloud" icon it starts with "NBA, NFL, etc." search term. When search icon is clicked or tapped, it will load all sports logos matched with search term.
- Auto Save: This setting is available in Settings screen and by default set to off. By enabling this feature, any successfully Synced images will be saved to "Saved" folder in the Backgrounds section. User can access this by tapping on the background image and scrolling to the last Tab in the categories.
Additionally, the Help screen has been updated to include a quick guide to explain areas of interest on the app's main page. It should be noted that the Band Pro Social Cloud is a Beta feature and bugs may pop up from time to time. However, in using the Social Cloud this morning, I didn't experience any issues.
While the Band App could use a trial version, the update is definitely a step in the right direction for Band Pro.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.
Nice app. Really great to see devs continue to innovate on this new platform, adding new, creative features.
And many kudos to you and your team Daniel for giving us probably the most comprehensive coverage on the Band anywhere online! I look forward daily what's next for the Band and how I will be surprised with any app that would make it work even better.
Just bought it but it force closes instantly. Likely Windows 10 preview issue. Looks like a great app.
Correct, MS Band and affiliated software is currently not playing nice with Windows 10 :/
Switched to my Note 4 for the moment (go easy people) but I think I'm gonna roll my 1520 back to 8.1 as I wanna try all the features. Installed the Win10 preview by accident anyway xD
Is there any indication as to whether use of this app or features this app provides negatively influences battery life of the band. I am inclined to keep the band as clean a possible, after amazon UK delivers tomorrow, that is...
There has been zero evidence to suggest this (or any other app, except for Band Sensor Monitor), have any effect on battery life.
Thanks, it would have been very difficult to resist some playing, even without this confirmation :-)
While i reckon that this looks a nice app, it comes to me that deve are more focus on "change the look" app rather than "cool new use and features" app. That is why I am not going to download this app, as I am already satisfied with Pimp my band I.e.
But why not find something different? For instance something based on sensor and some kind of gaming? Dunno I am just wondering....
No trial, no buy. Already saw reports that at least over previous version didn't work with the L1020. If I'd bought, I'd be out the money for a non-functional App. That's why Trial versions are critical for software that has to link multiple devices. Happy with Pimp my Band, which does work with my L1020.
I am in the process of publishing a version called "Band Lite". In this version limitation is final wallpaper will have watermarks (ex: BAND LITE). Thank you.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.