The Huetro for Hue app was already a solid way to control your Philips Hue lights on Windows 10 and Xbox One, but its latest update turns things up a notch. Huetro version 5.0 is now rolling out on the Windows Store, and it includes some pretty nifty new features for custom lighting scenes and more. And just in time for the Fall Creators Update, Huetro has picked up some Fluent Design-inspired flourishes as well.
One of the cooler features added in this update is rather fittingly called "Disco." With Disco, you can make your own color themes and have them play to the beat of your music, essentially creating your own personal light show in your home. You can also now leverage Huetro to automatically change the color of your lights at sunrise or sunset, or even at specific temperatures.
Here's a look at all of what's new in Huetro version 5.0:
- Ambience Composer, create your own Ambience - dynamic lighting scenes!
- Disco! Create your own color themes, and play them at the beat of the music!
- Hue Daylight sensor - set an action at sunrise or sunset. Hue Temperature sensor, set action at a specific temperature!
- A new #FluentDesign inspired UI
- And of course lots of bugfixes and performance improvements
If your house is loaded up with Philips Hue lights and you want to give Huetro a shot, you can grab the app for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, and Xbox One for free on the Windows Store now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.