A few days after leaked documents about the upcoming Fitbit Surge wearable device hit the Internet, the Brookstone website has decided to go ahead and post up their pre-order page for the product ahead of Fitbit's official announcement.
While the pre-order page shows that the Fitbit Surge is currently "out of stock", the bullet point list shows nearly everything there is to know about the device, along with images and even a one minute video demo. While it's mainly being marketed for the fitness crowd, it will have some smartwatch features such as call and text notifications, a way to control your smartphone's music and more:
- Built-in GPS tracking gives you pace, distance, routes and elevation climbed—without needing your smartphone nearby.
- Automatic, continuous heart rate monitoring gives you more accurate fitness stats
- Eight-sensor technology measures steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes to maximize performance
- Advanced smartwatch features for receiving call and text notifications right on your wrist—control your music, too
- Record running, cross-training, biking, strength and cardio workouts
- Touchscreen display offers easy access to fitness stats
- Monitor how long and how well you sleep, and wake with a vibrating alarm
- Set goals, see progress and analyze trends on your phone or computer via the Fitbit® dashboard
- Share and compete with friends and family in challenges on the leaderboard—earn badges, and log food, weight and workouts
- Sync stats wirelessly and automatically to your computer and over 60 leading smartphones
- Compatible with iPhone 4s and later, iPad (3rd generation) and later and all leading Android devices, as well as Windows Vista and later and Mac OS 10.6 and later
- Android user? Launch the free Fitbit App instantly by tapping Surge on your NFC-enabled Android phone
- Works with Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Scale
- Water resistant
Hopefully Fitbit will officially announce the Surge in the very near future, which is rumored to have a $249 price tag. What do you think about the features listed for the Fitbit Surge.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Giveaway: Win an Xbox Series X, a PS5, and an NZXT RTX 3080 PC
RobeyTech is giving away a huge amount of epic next-gen gaming swag to readers in the U.S. See inside for entry details!
Your Xbox questions answered with #AskJezXbox!
Check out our new video series #AskJezXbox, which takes your questions and comments and puts
SecretLab Titan World of Warcraft Chair Review: Embracing the Horde
SecretLab's refreshed 2020 Series Titan chairs are among the best you can buy. What would happen if you threw in some intricate World of Warcraft iconography? The answer: something special.
Protect your Surface Pro 7 with one of these great cases
You have a Surface Pro in your hands and you want to protect it. This roundup of cases compatible with Pro 4, Pro (2017), Pro 6, ad Pro 7 covers rugged and stylish options so that you find something you like.