HELP: THE GAME is the result of a collaboration between a number of companies and game developers to help raise money for children who happen to be locked in conflict. War Child has already helped to rebuild lives in Afghanistan, Iraq, Jordan, Uganda, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Central African Republic. It's a neat bundle on Steam that sees some unique titles crammed into a charity-funding package for $14.99.
Each developer spent a number of days to develop the included titles. Here's the list of games included in this bundle:
- Anthelion: Super simple mechanic, but highly challenging game play with endless levels that will keep you entertained for hours!
- 10 Minute Tower: A unique tile-based puzzle game that will get your cogs whirring as you take control of a day-dreaming child adventurer trapped within a tower.
- BlockAid: Provide safe passage to a never ending stream of pawns by placing blocks themed around protection, education and livelihood in this minimalistic puzzler.
- Octamari Rescue: Save the loveable Octamari from their dying home world in this fast paced and fun match 3 puzzle game.
- Rise: Experience our music-driven platform adventure and aim for the highest score! You can even use your own music! Go on a metaphysical journey to the sky and beyond collecting war letters for a loved one.
- Splash Bash: Splash Bash is a hectic local multiplayer brawler, where up to 4 players tries to bash each other into the water using physics based gameplay!
- Captain Curve's Intergalactic Space Adventure: Captain Curve's Intergalactic Space Adventure is a fast-paced endless runner based on daydreams, featuring exciting minigames and different environments.
- Malkia: Where there's life, there's hope... Malkia is a unique real-time strategy game set in the fictional Central African country of Kovi, where you help the eponymous hero to grow her business so that she can put food on the family's table and educate her children.
- Nevermine: A ball rolling game where you guide a Mine Kafon onto unexploded bombs left over around a countryside.
- Savana: Savana is a narrative point and click game where you play as a young girl from a remote village. The narration of the game tells different story lines from a real life experience of growing up in Mozambique.
- A Verdant Hue: A single screen, farming game, as an orphan who's survived recent attacks and is determined to bring back some life to his family farm.
- Emily: Displaced: A choice-based visual novel about a child affected by war
Be sure to check out the listing over on Steam, noting that proceeds generated from this package go to a good cause.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.