Ceton Corp, who make some cool Media Center products such as the InfiniTV cable cards and the soon to be released ceton echo Media Centre Extenders have finally brought their Companion app out of Beta and into the Windows Phone Marketplace. The app is designed to allow management of your home theatre PC from the comfort of your own Windows Phone.
Where Microsoft does not provide, others step in to take up the slack. The combined PC software and Windows Phone app will allow for scheduling, searching and of course remote control duties. Media Center is a fantastic product and its great to see good solutions coming for Windows Phone users to connect up the two devices.
Key features of the app include:
- TV and Movie Gallery - Forget hopping around from the TV section to the movie section to your recorded shows. Ceton Companion lets you see an integrated view of all your shows and movies in one place.
- Manage and Schedule DVR Recordings - At work and forgot to record that show tonight? See a season premier promo that you want to record but you’re away from home on a trip? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
- Universal Search - It’s TV search the way it should be. You probably don’t care whether your favorite show or movie is on one channel or another, in your personal library or airing later this week. We’ll help you easily find what you’re looking wherever it’s playing.
- Play To any TV Set - Browse your TV and movie libraries, select the show you want to watch, and choose the device on which you want to watch. You don’t even have to be in the same room.
- Your Mobile is the Remote - Ceton Companion includes full remote control capabilities for both your media center PC and any Ceton Echo extenders you have. Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, channel, volume … it’s all there in one pretty slick touchscreen view.
Look out for a full review of this app in the coming days but for now, you can get the app from the marketplace. Cost will be US $4.99 or UK £3.99.
We would like to hear from you if you’re using Media Center currently with companion apps. What solutions do you find work best? Let us know your deepest thoughts in the comments bellow. Thanks, Oldmajor, for the tip
Marketplace link HERE
Update 6: Microsoft wants all of TikTok, but Trump's order may interfere
The Financial Times reports that as part of negotiations, Microsoft is now inquiring whether it can buy all of TikTok, instead of just the business in the US., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. This new plan would include India and Europe (and excluding China).
Apple responds to Project xCloud iOS block, Microsoft kicks back
With Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming platform locked out from iOS devices, Apple doubles down on App Store restrictions.
'The Nether Update' for Minecraft: The 1.16.2 update, and everything new you need to know
The Nether Update is the latest major release for Minecraft, and it changes everything about the fiery Nether. Here's everything you need to know.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.