Client for Hangouts is a Universal Windows 10 app that lets you chat with your Google contacts
A new universal Windows 10 app has made its way to the Windows Store, and it lets you chat with your Google contacts on Hangouts. Client for Hangouts is still in alpha, but it offers a variety of features and functionality that will help you get chatting with ease. The idea behind the app is pretty simple, you download and then sign in with your Google account to chat with your contacts. Once signed in, you can see your contact lists, your existing chats and then hop into one with a simple tap. The app description reads:
If you use Google Hangouts to keep in touch with friends and family, you'll want to check this app out. Remember, it is in alpha still so there are likely to be some quirks so just be patient.
Download Client for Hangouts from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Jared started off writing about mobile phones back when BlackBerry ruled the market, and Windows Mobile was kinda cool. Now, with a family, mortgage and other responsibilities he has no choice but to look for the best deals, and he's here to share them with you.
By Jez Corden
* the logo isn't the same
* the developer name isn't Google
* it's called CLIENT for Hangouts
* Google wouldn't put an alpha out
* Google doesn't make apps for Windows mobile.
* Daniel would write that article if Google gave a half dung pile about developing an app for the Windows Store! ☺
This isn't twitter where one is limited to 140 characters. Besides that's going away too, soo if you use twitter get ready for information overload (essays) :P.
Chrome has an app launcher extension you can add (appears as a box with colored dots inside) that will appear in the toolbar, and can be pinned to the desktop Taskbar. Then u can add the hangouts extension, which can also be launched from the app launcher. Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
Keep Calm Because P.A.O.K. You Are
each time I opened it , it closed immediately
- Ability to add more than one image / photo to send. View/delete images before sending.
- Ability to insert an image from the clipboard.
- User search for any email.
- Enable / Disable to save chat history.
- "Paper clip" button. When writing a message "paper clip" hides items to add photos and images, giving more space for text.
- Improved the synchronization between the client and the web version (update tiles).
- Improved opening of panel with smiles. Opening of panel is smooth now.
- Fixed bug with lost messages.
- Fixed bug with a long connection. Thanks for staying with Hangouts! Contact Client for Hangouts support team - email@example.com