What you need to know
- Crackdown 3 is a third-person open-world shooter from Microsoft.
- Just like past installments, it received a free update which adds cheats.
- You can purchase the game for $35 on Amazon.
Crackdown 3 hasn't garnered the best reviews since launch. A lot of gamers have criticized it for its poor story and unpolished multiplayer. In order to make it up to players, Microsoft just released the free "Extra Edition" update for the game. According to the company, "Crackdown 3: Extra Edition brings the boom! With Keys to the City, we've unlocked everything you need to unleash chaos in the Campaign, and competing in Wrecking Zone now unlocks a hundred tiers of vanity items."
Crackdown 2 also received a Keys to the City update which added a number of cheats. You can take a look at some of them below.
- God Mode: Renders your agent immune to all forms of damage. Any vehicle you enter will also share this trait.
- Unlimited Ammunition: Renders all weapons with unlimited ammo but you do have to reload.
- Public Enemy: Enemies deploy their full wrath against you endlessly.
- Diplomatic Immunity: Enemies will not retaliate, no matter what you do.
- Spawning: Summon vehicles, allies, enemies, and more to where you are.
- Radio: Change the game music
- Freeze Time: Stop current game time.
- Enemies Active: Toggles whether enemies can spawn naturally.
- Empty Streets: The city becomes abandoned.
Let's see which ones make their way to Crackdown 3. Hopefully, the update will also improve multiplayer because even after all these months it's still unpolished.
If you're interested in the game, you can play it through Xbox Game Pass or purchase it through a retailer like Amazon.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.