What you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077 is an ambitious open-world sci-fi RPG that launched with a plethora of bugs and issues.
- The team at CD Projekt RED has been hard at work resolving some of these issues, with a major update planned for this month.
- In a frankly bizarre news-channel-esque development update, CDPR sheds some light on some improvements coming in the 1.2 patch update.
- The 1.2 patch update was recently delayed and still doesn't have a definitive release date, but it should hopefully arrive in March.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a fantastic and ambitious game plagued by numerous flaws and issues. The team at CD Projekt RED has been working to resolve many of these issues, culminating in the latest (promised) 1.2 patch update. In a new development update from CDPR, we get to learn more about some of the smaller quality-of-life improvements that are heading to Cyberpunk 2077 with the 1.2 patch update.
The development update is delivered in the form of a slightly hard-to-follow (and kind of weird) "news article," but the article goes over four big improvements coming to Cyberpunk 2077 in the next update.
- Police NPCs will take longer to arrive on scene. In Cyberpunk 2077, committing a crime instantaneously summons an army of police officers that blatantly pop into existence in your immediate area. In the 1.2 update, police NPCs will now take longer to show up, as if they're actually traveling to the scene. Committing a crime will also summon a police recon drone, as if the police are first scouting the area before arriving.
- Improvements to vehicle steering and settings. Steering the many vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077 can be annoying on PC or at lower framerates, so CDPR is delivering some improvements in this area. Players will now have access to a steering sensitivity slider in options, and steering has been tweaked to be more consistent even at lower framerates and for specific vehicle models.
- Methods to "unstick" vehicles. Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world title, and it can be easy to get your vehicle stuck somewhere in Night City occasionally. In the 1.2 patch update, CDPR is adding a feature that allows players to rock their vehicles in all directions if they get into a situation where they're accelerating but not moving.
- Improvements to key binding / dodge. CDPR is working on making key bindings and control settings easier and more comprehensive for players, starting with the dodge function in the 1.2 patch update. Dodging when double-tapping a movement key will be able to be disabled.
Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game in its own right, but its issues are undeniable. The 1.2 patch update is supposedly a massive update that will fix many of the game's biggest problems, but the 1.2 patch update was recently delayed due to a cyber attack on CDPR. The update is now slated to release sometime this month.
If you've been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 and look forward to the improvements coming to the game, consider something from our list of Best Cyberpunk 2077 Merch. You can also invest in one of the Best Headsets for Xbox Series X|S to get the most out of Cyberpunk 2077 and its incredible soundtrack.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.