Desperados III brings gritty real-time tactics to the wild west
Become the gunslinger you've always wanted to be.
The sound of spurs, guns, and the gusts of dust through the air. Desperados III, just announced at Gamescom 2018, will have all of these in spades when it hits Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4 in 2019.
Desperados III is developed by German studio Mimimi, and is a real-time tactics game set in the wild west. Players will get to command a surly group of desperados, engaging in iconic showdowns across a variety of missions while being hunted down by bandits and lawmen.
Here's a rundown of what you can expect:
- Command up to five Desperados and use their lethal skills to stealthily thin out the enemy ranks
- Approach each open-ended mission with a wide variety of different solutions and routes
- Resolve seemingly impossible challenges and defeat entire armies of foes with careful planning and perfectly timed executions
- Explore classic Wild West scenarios such as frontier towns, desert canyons, Mississippi swamps, sprawling modern cities and many more
- Deadly or non-lethal takedown options? Run in all-guns-blazing or stick to stealth throughout? The choice is entirely up to you, and with a range of difficulty settings and special challenges designed for experimentation and replayability you can tackle Desperados III however you see fit
Desperados III doesn't have a firm release date yet, but it'll be hitting consoles and PCs at some point in 2019. In the meantime, be sure to brush up on your quickdraw skills so you can put them to the test next year.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.