Fans of Disney Infinity 3.0 on Windows 10 will have until March 3, 2017, to play the sandbox game. After that date, the game will be unavailable to download and unplayable even if you have it installed on your PC.
In May, Disney announced that the company was shutting down the Infinity line of games and figures for PC, consoles and mobile devices, This week, Disney revealed its schedule for shutting down most of the Infinity games, including the Windows 10 version.
The good news is that console players, including the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions, will be able to keep playing their Disney Infinity games offline; the online multiplayer features and the community content for those games will become unavailable on March 3. The Steam PC versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0 will be available to play offline, but its online features will also shut down on that date.
Here's the full schedule of what versions of the game will be shutting down and when:
As of today
- No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
- You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.
As of September 30, 2016
- You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
- The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued.
- Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
- The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However, if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017
As of January 3, 2017
- No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed
As of March 3, 2017
- Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
- All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Take a load off with some good news as we head into the weekend
We're headed into the weekend, so why not kick it off with some good news? Today, we've got stories of trees planted, masks delivered, and esports taking over ESPN (for a little while, anyway).
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
These awesome Minecraft deals are perfect for the gamers in your life
We've scoured the internet to find the best deals for all the Minecraft lovers in your life...even if that's just you. From consoles to toys, we have the deals.