What you need to know
- Doom Eternal launched on March 20.
- The title is a first-person shooter with plenty of gore.
- It's getting a new update with tons of new content.
- You can purchase Doom Eternal for $60 on the Microsoft Store.
Doom Eternal is a first-person shooter that continues the story of the reboot. It looks absolutely spectacular on Xbox One X and should provide plenty of single-player and multiplayer enjoyment. In addition to Xbox One, Doom Eternal is available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Google Stadia.
Today, Doom Eternal got its first update that brings with it some major changes. Some of them are listed below. The Empowered Demons sound like a cool challenge in the battlefield.
- Empowered Demons: Avenge fallen Slayers by killing empowered variants of demons that took those players out. These demons offer a greater challenge and provide large amounts of resources and bonus event experience when defeated.
- Event Series 3: Today kicks off Event Series 3 in Doom Eternal, dubbed the Precious Metals event, offering shiny new cosmetics to work toward
- Single Player Quality-of-Life Improvements: Since launch, we've been listening to players' feedback, and Update 1 addresses some of the top issues we're hearing. Some of these changes include expanded demon tutorials, the ability to dash vertically in water and reducing toxic damage while swimming.
I'm mostly excited about the single-player improvements because the ability to dash in water and reduced toxic damage will make a lot of levels less painful to traverse.
Hell on Earth
Doom Eternal is the next frenetic iteration in the long-running franchise. Set for launch this month, the game aims to bring even more fast-paced action to consoles and PC with new enemies, story, multiplayer modes, and more.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.