DwarfHeim is an upcoming four-player co-op RTS-meets-city-builder hybrid, set in a fantastical norse world full of dwarfs and trolls. And hey, it looks pretty cool.
So far, only PC is confirmed as a platform, but the game looks to put a unique spin on established genres. Players can choose between four unique playstyles, including builder, miner, warrior, and diplomat, and carve-out a niche in a stylized Viking world. You can compete against your friends or work with them against an onslaught of trolls, refining mineral ore underground, while maintaining your city's resources and society up above.
Here are the features as offered by Pineleaf Studio:
- Competitive & Co-op Multiplayer – Team up with 3 other players in Conquest, a competitive multiplayer game mode. Tear through the enemy team's defenses and destroy their Town Hall!
- 4 Unique Classes – Choose from Builder, Miner, Warrior, and Diplomat!
- Build, Mine, Defend and Manage - Choose your own strategies, units, buildings and technology that best suits you and your team.
- Sandbox mode – Explore a vast, open area in the single-player. Build your own experience and play alone or with up to 3 friends in the slow-paced sandbox mode.
- Survival mode – Test your strategies and strength with up to 3 friends or mystic strangers and try to outlive all of the troll waves coming your way.
- Ranked Matchmaking – Rank up by winning competitive matches and face players that match your skill level.
- Friend-Pass - Invite your friends along to play on a free downloadable client of DwarfHeim, even if they haven't purchased the game!
The game is listed as "coming soon," right now, but you can add it to your Steam wishlist if you fancy it.
DwarfHeim bridges city-building elements with real-time strategy gameplay to make something that seems quite unique, and it's coming soon.
Jez Corden is a Senior Editor for Windows Central, focusing primarily on all things Xbox and gaming. Jez is known for breaking exclusive news and analysis as relates to the Microsoft ecosystem while being powered by caffeine. Follow on Twitter @JezCorden and listen to his Xbox Two podcast, all about, you guessed it, Xbox!
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.