EA opens Full Circle studio in Vancouver to work on Skate 4
A new direction means a new studio.
What you need to know
- Electronic Arts (EA) announced at EA Play 2020 that the Skate franchise is coming back.
- EA hired Dan McCulloch, former head of Xbox Live, to be the Studio GM for Skate.
- Today, EA announced Full Circle, a studio in Vancouver, Canada that'll be working on the next Skate game.
Previously, at EA Play 2020, we learned that EA was heeding the wishes of fans and bringing back the Skate franchise with Skate 4, hiring former Xbox Live head Dan McCulloch as Studio GM for Skate. Now, EA is taking these plans even further, hiring for a new team that'll be working on this Skate revival.
EA opens Full Circle studio in Vancouver, Canada with the intent to develop Skate 4. This new studio has many positions currently open, so it'll probably be a while before we hear anything further about the game they're working on.
"The fans wished Skate back into existence, and we want them to feel involved in the process from development to game launch and beyond," said Studio GM McCulloch, speaking with VentureBeat. "We want them to feel like they are a part of Full Circle."
No platforms have yet been listed for this new Skate game, so given how far out it still is, it stands to reason that Skate 4 will be available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC and PS5.
This move continues EA's investment in the Vancouver game development scene, with Respawn Entertainment opening a second studio in Vancouver back in 2020. This secondary team was opened specifically to work on the popular Apex Legends free-to-play battle royale game. The main team is presumed to be working on a sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Xbox Series X/S
- Xbox Series X: Everything we know
- Best games coming to Xbox Series X/S
- List of Xbox Series X specs
- What is the Xbox Series X release date?
- How much does Xbox Series X cost?
- Why you can't preorder Xbox Series X yet
- Best Xbox Series X Headsets
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.