Recently, Frontier Developments launched Elite Dangerous: Beyond - Chapter One on Xbox One and other platforms. Luckily, a barrage of new content will hit the system today in Chapter Two. The update brings with it numerous enhancements as well.
Chapter Two is the first of two smaller installments coming as part of Elite Dangerous: Beyond. There's a larger update coming later this year which adds mining, exploration, and much more.
Some of the new features available with this patch are listed below.
- The "Alliance" continue to refine its warships in the face of the looming "Thargoid" alien threat. The Alliance Challenger, a combat vessel, has stronger armor than its Chieftain counterpart and will be able to soak up a significant amount of punishment.
- The developer is introducing a range new "Wing Mission" types for you and your friends to take on.
- Players will now be able to scan and interact with "Space Installations". For example, scanning the installation will allow you to see what you can interact with. You can hack turrents and disable other security measures. Lastly, if you're desperate, you can always fire a few rockets at the cargo bay and see what blows open.
- "Tech Brokers" will allow you to unlock large versions of the existing guardian weapons. These Tech Brokers will issue missions to collect data and materials, and then unlock certain modules for purchase.
- The annoying Thargoids continue to be an intergalactic menace. This time around they have new "Scout" vessels that make other enemy ships in the area stronger.
Note that Chapter Two is a free content update. The game supports Xbox One X and achieves 4K resolution on the console.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.