Another week, another Fortnite patch, and while v3.2.0 isn't as big as some of the recent updates, it does bring with it a brand new, limited-time game. Going live today is the Teams of 20 mode, where five teams of 20 players hit the map together in the hunt for victory royale.
Here's a quick breakdown of what to expect.
- Each team is composed of five squads of four players.
- All teammates will be displayed in green on the map.
- The Map screen now shows total number of players alive on each team.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 60-80%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 75-90%.
- Supply Drops always come in batches of 5 instead of varying amounts per Storm Circle. Supply Drop rate increased from 180 (+/- 30s) to 210 (+/- 30s).
- Teams of 20 has six Storm Circles as opposed to nine. Maximum match length is 23 minutes, down from 25.
Battle Royale also gets a new outfit, Burnout, while Save the World hasn't been forgotten with the new Wukong hero and hoverboard boost pads.
As ever with these patches, there are a ton of fixes included. For PC players, crashes when using NVIDIA Shadowplay should now be sorted out. On the console, a bug where players on the 60FPS mode couldn't jump as high as those playing at 30FPS has also been fixed.
As ever, hit the Epic Games blog for the full changelog. Server downtime accompanies the patch and there's no current ETA on when they'll be back up.
Richard Devine is an Editor at Windows Central. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently you'll find him covering all manner of PC hardware and gaming, and you can follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Can anyone explain the logic in temporary game modes
Keeps things fresh. Regular players probably wouldn't play in 20-man teams for very long, but it's a nice break from the norm.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.