Stardock has pushed out an update for Galactic Civilizations 3, bumping the popular turn-based strategy title up to version 2.5. This release contains a fair number of improvements, including AI, balancing, and performance.
The developer has moved across some of the improvements applied in the Crusade expansion to the base game, allowing those without the optional DLC to enjoy some benefits. According to the release notes, Galactic Civilizations 3 version 2.5 also adjusts the AI to allow for the more efficient building of fleets, planets and faster turn times, especially when the galaxy is crowded in the later game.
Here's a full run down of this update:
Base Game + Crusade DLC
- Improved AI.
- Better game balance.
- Faster turn times.
- Increased performance.
- The cleaner and more functional UI from Crusade has been added.
- Galactic resources now accumulate, like in Crusade.
- More informed trade offers, better resource trading, and the "trade bar" from Crusade are added.
- Substantial improvements to the AI system from Crusade have been added.
- The AI system has been moved to a core-neutral engine for enhanced performance.
More details can be found over on the Stardock community forum. If you haven't fired up Galactic Civilization 3 in a while (or have yet to pick up the game), now's the perfect time to start a new game. Galactic Civilizations 3 can be purchased from GOG for $29.39.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.