What you need to know
- Grounded is a first-person survival game from Obsidian Entertainment.
- The game is about to get its first patch in the next day or so.
- The patch addresses issues with matchmaking, in-game bugs, and more.
- Grounded is currently in Xbox Game Preview and part of Xbox Game Pass.
Grounded is a first-person survival game that's basically the film "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" in video game form. It's received a lot of positive user feedback and it seems like Obsidian Entertainment has another hit on its hands. Today, the team announced that Patch 0.1.1 is coming out in the next day or so, and will include some major fixes.
You can take a look at all the changes below.
- Made changes to make finding, joining, and hosting games with friends more reliable.
- We adjusted the handling of joining game failure.
- Added a way to allow players to resolve the issue of the game logging the player into the wrong Xbox Live account on PC.
- Fixed issues with Windows 7 and Windows 8 users crashing when attempting to login. Those users should be able to load into the game after updating.
- Fixed crash when saving or loading and the "Autosave Count" number in the options is set to 0.
- We have implemented a fix for players who were getting stuck on the welcome popup screen and unable to move past it.
- Fixed characters not being saved occasionally in save games. Unfortunately we are not able to bring back lost items, but hopefully this fix will prevent this from occurring in the future.
- Players will no longer be permanently stuck in spider webs after destroying them.
- Fixed BURG.L disappearing in some games if you attacked him and saved and loaded. BURG.L will appear in the games he disappeared from, allowing players to interact with him again.
- Restoring save games that have lost progression state (ex. Oak Tree Lab doors no longer opening for players, Mysterious Machine not allowing players to hit buttons to finish the quest, time being frozen, etc.) After updating the game, players should be able to load into their game and continue to progress. Should this issue happen again, logging out of the save and then loading back in should resolve the issue and allow you to continue playing.
- Fixed issue with endless larva spawning over time. Larva were also spawning each time a spike trap was built. Players who experienced this issue are asked to start a new game to avoid the problems that may arise from the increased larva spawn rates.
- Fixed issue where all item durability in your inventory incorrectly shows "full" when loading back into a game as a client.
- We implemented a fix for an issue where games that were saved before Raw Science started spawning prevented Raw Science from appearing later. It also included an update for a problem with Raw Science spawning after analyzing and having additional players collecting it on join. Due to this, players may notice that the starting Raw Science they previously collected has respawned.
- Fixed crashes when loading a saved game dealing with ant colonies.
- Removed kill Mosquito Burg.L quest NOT RETROACTIVE: Players will need to speak with BURG.L to abandon this quest. Then, during the next in-game day, you will be able to talk to BURG.L again to accept a new quest.
- Found the cause behind the issue where attempting to cook/dry an item slot with no item in it would crash the game.
- Found a fix for the occasional crash caused by dew drops that have items stuck in them. It also included a fix for dew drops exploding and causing a major FPS drops on clients.
- Fixed issue where clients dragging items from one slot in a storage basket to another would not reflect on the host causing item desync.
- Disabled storage baskets and smoothie stations from being able to be interacted with by multiple players at the same time until other desync issues we are working on are resolved.
- Block Tutorial now only plays once.
- Tuned Wolf Spider hearing and investigation AI to creep on the player less frequently.
- UI changes made to the SCA.B OS screen.
- Fixed trail markers not showing up on the map, and an additional fix added to prevent the game crashing if you tried to navigate them in the legend.
- Reduced screen edge shimmer on Xbox One and Xbox One S under load.
What are some of the issues you saw in the game? Let us know.
Play more games
It'll last you a couple of months
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Check out they new HyperX Cloud Revolver + 7.1 gaming headset
This new headset from HyperX complements its Cloud Revolver lineup. It's a high-end option with virtual 7.1 surround sound and robust audio.
Review: Twin Mirror, the first self-published game from Dontnod, is a miss
Twin Mirror follows the standard Dontnod formula with some twists, but it ultimately fails because of its lackluster and selfish lead character.
Dragon Quest XI Xbox review: Old school JRPG fun fun for a new generation
The legendary Dragon Quest series has finally made its Xbox debut. Can it win the hearts of an entirely new generation of gamers? Let's find out.
Plow through enemies with these great beat 'em ups for Xbox
Feel the urge to unleash some pent up frustrations on armies of bad guys? Here are some of the best beat em' ups and hack n' slashes to bring your much-needed catharsis.