Happy Fourth of July to everybody (and a belated Canada Day, too). We fully intend on spending the rest of the weekend stuffing ourselves with round patties of beef and intestine-cased pork products, all washed down with copious amounts of watered-down fermented beverages.
But if you just have to get your smartphone news on, here's what we'd be working on if we weren't forcing ourselves to have fun:
- Along with the recent update to the Skyfire browser is the implementation of upgrade notifications. Huzzah!
- Canada's Telus is getting the HTC Snap and Touch Pro 2. [Mobilesyrup - via]
- Dear Microsoft: Please, no Windows Mobile commercials from Bobcat Goldthwait. We beg you. [Valleywag]
- Check out all of Microsoft's official Twitter accounts.
- Not sure why you'd want to, but a hack is out at XDA that lets you skin Kinoma Play.
- A new version of SKTools is out. [pocketnow]
- Don't like your Google Voice number? You can swap it for $10. That is, if you've gotten your invite in the first place. :(
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Phil is the father of two beautiful girls and is the Dad behind Modern Dad. Before that he spent seven years at the helm of Android Central. Before that he spent a decade in a newsroom of a two-time Pulitzer Prize-finalist newspaper. Before that — well, we don't talk much about those days. Subscribe to the Modern Dad newsletter!