Here's what's improved, fixed and broken with Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14926
Microsoft has listed the various improvements, bug fixes and known issues in the just released Windows 10 PC and Mobile preview build 14926 that was sent out to Insiders on the Fast update ring.
The list was posted by Windows Insider head Dona Sarkar in a blog post, starting with the improvements and fixes on the Windows 10 PC side:
- We fixed the issue causing Adobe Acrobat Reader to crash when you try to launch it.
- We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash when navigating to Settings > Personalization.
- We fixed an issue where Windows icons and text are not rendered correctly on some devices with Intel Atom (Clovertrail) processors.
- We've improved scaling for full screen games where the aspect ratio doesn't match the native display resolution, for example, when playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive using a 4:3 stretched resolution.
- We fixed the issue where some people would experience a bugcheck (bluescreen) after plugging/unplugging certain types of Kindles such as the Paperwhite and Voyage.
- This build improves the performance on websites with changes to large numbers of HTML Elements containing text by improving spellchecker efficiency. This results in substantially improved performance on websites like TweetDeck.
- We have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain links (for example, Facebook) displaying a default favicon in the Microsoft Edge Tab, rather than the logo intended by the website.
- We fixed an issue where the Wi-Fi icon in the taskbar might show full bars when connected to a Wi-Fi network with low signal.
- We have fixed the issue which prevented the wireless network adapter in Surface Pro 1 and Surface Pro 2 devices from working. This also fixes the issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows not working. and other wireless network adapters from third-parties such as D-Link.
- We fixed an issue where File Explorer's "Open Command window here" context menu option was opening set to the C:\Windows\System32 path, rather than the desired directory.
- We fixed an issue potentially resulting in the taskbar no longer auto-hiding when a full screen window has focus (for example, when watching videos, gaming, or when using Remote Desktop). Note: If there's an app that is asking for attention, it's by design that the taskbar won't hide (so you can see that there's something trying to notify you).
The improvements and fixes for the Windows 10 Mobile preview side include:
- We fixed a scaling issue on devices such as the Lumia 635, 636, or 638 where the bottom of certain apps, like Messaging and Maps, would get cut off and rendered off screen.
- We heard you and we have addressed the largest cause of reliability issues in Microsoft Edge running on Insider Preview builds. This should improve reliability on major websites such as Facebook and Outlook.com.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the sound of key presses and lock/unlock being barely audible when the phone was using a moderate volume.
- We fixed an issue where, if Quiet Hours had been turned on, banner notifications might not start appearing again until Action Center was opened or an interactive notification popped up and was dismissed.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana would crash when trying to open Reminders page.
- We have improved the reliability of VPN Settings page via Settings > Network & wireless > VPN.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the thumbnail for portrait videos displaying with an incorrect aspect ratio in the Photos app when panning through the Camera Roll.
The current known issues on the Windows 10 PC preview build include:
- While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- You may experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and will be unable to log in to that account. A reboot of your PC should allow you to log in to that account.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to "Turn Windows features on or off", scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- After updating to this build, built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder may not work. To get these apps working again, go to the Store and re-download/install them.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
Finally, here are the known issues for the new Windows 10 Mobile preview build:
- Some devices such as the Lumia 650 will fail to install this build with Error 0x80188308. We are currently investigating this issue.
- Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn't show any notifications).
- Using your phone as a mobile hotspot will work the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature will result in the inability to enable the hotspot until the phone is rebooted.
Keep in mind that since these are new preview builds, they may have issues that have not yet been found by Microsoft's internal testers.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Works for me
I can't lost my data.
Some solution to recovery, or access, or back up via USB. Some tools by others... Sad!
Hard resetting is not working Thanks in advance,,,
A breath of fresh air. :)
"We heard you and we have addressed "
But unable to release Mobile & PC updates for non-insiders at a time.
Simple they need fools like us to test their BETA OS in mobiles and Non-insiders r useless that they have already purchased and doomed. Even they care about >1% market share.
Fanboys go crazy about my comment.
Yes, M$ will release production build in coming days/weeks/months but I am damn sure those updates won't resolve atleast half of the issues and create new more issues. I hope atleast they release Stable OS before One Piece is finished.
One thing I don't understand at all.... all these people use their mobiles at all ? or just ignore the issues ? I have friends who own bunch of Windows phones and not even single one is happy with it right now.
These fanboyz are unable to realize the issues and supporting stupid beta OS. Windows Phones Killed LUMIA. Lumia phones has one of the best h/w at this price tags. I am back to 8.1 and there is huge difference in performance. I may never upgrade to win10 again.
Wait for some beta OS and feel happy about it. fake fanboyz.
This here is nothing short of embarrassing. Now before you come back saying why the hell do you not leave?, the answer is simple, I really want this to work, as does every other person on this forum, but increasingly and as time goes on its not looking likely.
I cant log in with pin.
I cant open my Lumia 640Xl,cause the pin problems.
I cant access my folders cause my phone is locked. I cant receive my documents and my photos...
That's it I'm looking for my iPhone 5s or my s5(the first I would fine it will be my daily phone)
BB guys.It was a very nice trip and I'm ashamed cause I abandon the ship but i cant handle it anymore(Call me when the w10m will be stable once more) p.s.
i know its fast ring but after one year of insiders I cant accept those kinds of problems...
And that is why I do regular databackups or onedrive the *** out of my Fast ring 1520 - I'll lose some apps that are no longer available unfortunately, but that's part of doing FR.
Incidentally, mine has been running fast ring builds without hard reset or re-image since december last year. Surprised this didn't happen sooner ;) Now doing WDRT to 8.1 (sigh) and then FR again... perhaps release or slow might be a better choice for you.
1. Mobile data on Sim1 is sometimes blinking and can not connected to internet
2. Mobile data on Sim2 sometimes reset by itself
3. My PC can not detect my SanDisk SD card
4. Sometimes freezing when using Whatsapp now all of those bug are fixed, its a good day!!!
Thanks in advance,,,