Hike messenger has picked up a slew of new features for 2015, with the app itself touted to be lighter and faster than ever before. There's three new sticker categories to choose from, and the service also allows you to upload with ease, even if you're on 2G. Also included is the ability to send uncompressed images.
Here's a list of all that's new in version 22.214.171.124, according to the changelog:
- Lighter Than Ever: We put on a lot of weight last year, so we hired a trainer and went on a strict diet! We're super happy to announce we are now under 10 MB in size!
- 3 New Sticker Categories: We are working overtime at bringing the full Sticker Shop to you. In the meantime get the latest 3 popular sticker packs - College, Marathi and Festivals.
- Quick Upload: We've added a little hike magic to bring lightning fast uploading of photos & videos especially over 2G networks and in low network areas!
- Send Uncompressed Images: You have taken the best photo or selfie ever and it's time to share it with your friends. What happens after you send that awesome photo? Image gets compressed, the quality drops significantly. There goes your killer photo. Good thing is that this will never happen again! Now choose to send uncompressed original quality or compressed images.
- Shared Media: Quickly access all the media shared centrally in one place.
- Turn Off Notification of Friends Joining hike
- Download Settings: Now use data smartly by choosing when to download media depending on the network & media type
The messaging service — which is built in India — is steadily gaining traction in the country (and elsewhere) thanks to the features it offers, like privacy mode, theme packs, sending messages to offline contacts and more. How many of you use Hike on a daily basis? What do you like the most about the service?
Thanks everyone for sending this in!