Back in May we reviewed Cloud Raiders as a viable alternative to not having Clash of Clans on Windows Phone. Developed by Game Insight, Cloud Raiders is a "competitive raiding game set within a Skylanders-like world of floating islands" with "casual strategic battles, base building, clan support, and unrivaled cross-platform support." The game has nearly 22,000 reviews and a 4.6 average (out of 5) rating on the Store, making it one of the most popular titles available today.
Today, version 0.3.0.401 has gone live on the Store, bringing with a small army of changes and improvements.
Cloud Raiders 3.0 Goblins
- Yikes! Goblins! Prepare your army for the onslaught of a relentless enemy! Goblins are landing in a brand new campaign!
- Dragon Warriors: Hire powerful new troops to fend off your attackers! Build the Dragon Academy and invite these mighty warriors to fight on your behalf!
- Multi-select Walls: We heard you loud and clear! Now you can multi-select wall sections to make rearranging your base even easier! Try out new defense strategies in less time!
- Add the Command Flag to your arsenal: Direct your troops on the battlefield! Turn the tide of battle from rout to glorious victory!
- Give your troops new Boosts for an edge in campaign battles! With tough new enemies flying your way, you're gonna need 'em!
- Now you can change your name to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies! Just visit your profile menu!
- Just say "No" to defeat! Now you can retrain your troops immediately after an unsuccessful raid to jump right back into the action!
- Defense Reward Multipliers! Shut down the enemy in campaign mode to earn awesome bonuses!
- Now your raiders are super smart with a masters degree in kicking butt!
- Bug fixes and stability improvements, like: No more lost progress in PvP raids
From new armies, to new campaigns to improved gameplay, Cloud Raiders has delivered an impressive update. Considering the amount of tips we are receiving on this game, we suggest you go download it right now.
Let us know in comments what you think or read our detailed review for more information. We'll do follow-up article later with our impressions of the new refresh.
Cloud Raiders – Windows Phone 8 – 84 MB – Free – Store Link
Thanks, Hakmi S., and everyone else, for the tips!
Surface Laptop 3 owners reporting cracked screens, Microsoft investigating
A subset of Surface Laptop 3 owners report that their screens have cracked, seemingly through no fault of their own. Microsoft says it is aware of the reports and "investigating the root cause of the claims."
How Rainbow Six Siege’s Year 5 gadgets could redefine the Operator
Ubisoft hopes to liberate players from fixed roles in the Rainbow Six Siege meta, bringing a taste of Operator signatures to secondary gadgets.
The best ways to keep your Surface Pro charged on the go
Are you often on the move without access to a wall outlet? Here are some options to keep your Surface Pro charged up while you're on the road.
Here are the best Windows Mixed Reality games you can play right now
To help you decide which Windows Mixed Reality games you should play first, we’ve rounded up the best on offer right now from the Microsoft Store and SteamVR.