Every weekend, Windows Central livestreams an Xbox One or Steam game for 1-2 hours and gives out free games to the cool people who join us during the stream. It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers!
Tonight on Beam, we celebrated with a special holiday party stream. We played Jackbox Party Pack 3 (which everyone in the audience can play even if they don't own it) and gave out over 100 games to lucky viewers! Read on for quick impressions, contest winners, and the full video replay.
Jackbox Party Pack 3
Windows Central has been streaming Xbox One and Windows games every Saturday for over a year now – our first weekend giveaway stream happened way back in October 2014!
During that time, we've played dozens of fantastic games and met hundreds of awesome viewers during our streams. Many of you join our streams every single weekend, while others come as often as they're able. We're grateful for all of you, and so we're throwing a party.
Tonight's stream will be a festive and laid-back affair. We'll be streaming Jackbox Party Pack 3, a game that everyone can play from their web browsers during the stream. Play from your phone or tablet if you like!
This installment includes the following games:
- Quiplash 2: The say-anything sequel; play all new questions or make your own!
- Trivia Murder Party: The deadly quiz show; match wits with a trivia-obsessed killer.
- Guesspionage: The surprising survey ; guess the results to silly survey questions.
- Tee K.O: The t-shirt slugfest; battle your custom t-shirts to the death!
- Fakin' It: The sneaky trickster game; one of your friends has something to hide.
Prepare to eat, drink, and be merry as we celebrate the holidays, friendship, and a year of great gaming.
We streamed Jackbox Party Pack 3 for ~120 minutes. During that time, we gave out a huge bounty of game codes donated by a slew of generous publishers. It was our biggest livestream giveaway ever!
Here's a quick rundown of our holiday prizes:
- Asseto Corsa (Xbox One)
- Virginia (Xbox One, Steam)
- ABZU (PlaySyation 4, Steam)
- ADR1FT (PlayStation 4, Steam)
- Assetto Corsa Season Pass (PlayStation 4)
- Enigmatis 2 (Xbox One)
- Clockwork Tales (PlayStation 4 – North American AND European region codes available!)
- Eventide 2 (Steam)
- Neon Chrome (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam)
- Xenoraid (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam)
- Beach Buggy Racing (Xbox One)
- Riptide GP2 (Xbox One)
- Bethesda Pinball Table Pack (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Steam)
- Attack on Titan (Xbox One)
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence – Ascension (PlayStation 4)
- Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops (Xbox One)
- Super Dungeon Bros (Steam)
- Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour (Xbox One)
- Warframe – Platinum Currency codes (Xbox One)
And more! Thanks to viewer SgtTorrente for an additional batch of prizes.
How to watch Beam livestreams
We're now streaming on Beam, Microsoft's interactive livestreaming platform. It provides some welcome improvements over Twitch, such as a cleaner website layout, built-in stream interactivity, and extremely low latency.
You can follow our channel at Beam.pro/WindowsCentral. From there, you'll be able to watch the stream and participate in chat directly from any web browser, including the Xbox One and Windows Phone browsers.
To receive email notifications when our Beam streams go live:
- First, follow our channel.
- Now select your profile from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Pick the Account option near the bottom of the menu.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Make sure Send me important email updates on the Beam platform is enabled. This option is labeled deceptively, but it's required for all forms of email notifications.
- Click or tap the Email box next to our channel name until a check appears. That's it!
- We highly recommend that you set a recurring alarm on your phone. Our weekend stream always starts at the same time (9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific), so the phone reminder can be very helpful.
Beam does not offer Xbox One or Windows Phone apps yet, so watching from the browser is the only option on Microsoft platforms. But Beam does offer apps on Android and iOS. Yes, that's a strange inequity. Native Xbox and Windows 10 support is coming though, so stick with us!
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's weekend Beam programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9pm Eastern (8pm Central, 6pm Pacific, 2am GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- December 31: Little Acre, the beautiful adventure game now available on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC. Win a copy of your own!
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
So many viewers won prizes. Hopefully you tuned in and won as well!
- Bandit Gaz
- Adrian Torres
- Jeff Cake
Tonight's prizes provided by:
- 505 Games
- Artifex Mundi
- Vector Unit
- Zen Studios
- Digital Extremes
- Koei Tecmo
- Wired Productions
- One PR
- SgtTorrente (Reader and viewer)
Thanks to all of them for their generosity. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.